The launch of the Prime Ministers energy saving scheme the state of Andhra Pradesh has launched their very own Energy Efficient Tube lights at INR. 250 in Andhra Pradesh.
The scheme was a huge success in the conservation of massive volumes of power through the distribution of LED bulbs to the domestic users.
The state government is now contemplating to distribute Energy Efficient Tube Lights to all households.
Highlights of the scheme
- The scheme offers energy efficient bulbs to all households in the state of Andhra Pradesh
- The scheme is an implementation of its successor PM Energy Efficient LED bulbs distribution
- This is a way to conserve the energy and save electricity
Objectives of the scheme
- The EETLs are expected to save around 50 to 60 percent electricity consumed.
- To promote the use of energy-efficient bulbs and reduce the use of Incandescent light bulbs.
- To provide the LED bulbs to every household in the state of Andhra Pradesh
- To promote the use of LED bulbs for street and household use both.
- To bring an end to high electricity bills
What is the cost of a tube light?
The government has fixed the market price of each tube light costing at a rate of INR. 250 against the actual cost of around INR. 600 across the state.
Implementation of the scheme
The state will set up special kiosks and counters across the state for disbursement of the EETLs soon after the scheme is finalized with the procurement process.
The state of Andhra Pradesh is the only state in the country to have distributed over 2 crore energy efficient bulbs to the domestic consumers across the state at the nominal price of just INR. 10 to distribute the bulbs.
Steps to be taken
The government is still deciding on “how many tubes to be distributed to each household?” the chief minister is to take the final call with regards to the distribution of EETLs to the commercial establishments. The scheme would be rolled out by the chief minister himself with the aim to bring a stop to high electricity bills and it would be launched during the energy conservation week that would be celebrated somewhere between December 14-20.
To further enhance the promotion fo energy efficient in the state, the government of the state has chalked out plans to involve all members of the Women Self Help Groups (SHGs) with a total membership of around 80 lakhs in the energy efficient campaign.
The scheme would sure allow for a better energy sufficient environment that would help save our atmosphere being affected by the growing heat as well as pollution being caused due to an excess use of energy and growing number of factories and pollution.
Leave a Comment