DST Scholarship Scheme for Women Scientists and Technologists – The ‘Women Scientist Scheme’ of the Department of Science and Technology, gives profession openings which incorporates partnership to jobless ladies researchers and technologists, particularly the individuals who had a break invocation, for seeking after research in wilderness territories of Science and Engineering.
- Women Scientists Scheme-C (WOS-C) that empowers them to wind up Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) proficient. Other than the partnership, the aggregate task cost likewise incorporates allow for consumables, minor hardware things, travel, and possibility. The upper age farthest point to apply under this plan is 57 years. The above-said plot is additionally pertinent to private establishments. Under this plan, ladies are chosen on all India premise.
On a normal, every year around 400 women researchers is granted money related help under Women Scientist Scheme. More than 30% of awardees of activities get consumed in standard through general business. Likewise, over 40% of the awardees under this plan have possessed the capacity to finish their Ph.D. while seeking after the program. In excess of 7200 research papers to have been distributed by these awardees. In the expansion, under WOS-C part of the Scheme, 169 ladies researchers have effectively cleared the patent specialist examination and around 60% of them are seeking after their profession in the region of IPR and are working in driving lawyer firms, IP divisions of govt. organizations, Multi-National Corporations and Knowledge Process Outsourcing units. The proposition is welcomed under “Ladies Scientists Scheme-B (WOS-B)” from ladies researchers and technologists who wish to use their insight and disposition to profit society. WOS-B centers around ventures identified with S&T intercessions for societal advantage. Such venture recommendations should address a very much recognized societal test and convey conceivable arrangements by the method for improvement of feasible innovation/strategy and additionally lab-to-arrive innovation exchange, its adjustment and scaling up. The recommendation that is principally arranged towards fundamental research and advancement and those which don’t have clear proof of direct advantage to the general public won’t be engaged.
Objectives of DST’s Scholarship Scheme for Women Scientists and Technologists
- Enable capable and gifted ladies who have considered science, building, prescription and united territories to contribute viable in the progression of science and innovation in the nation.
- Prepare skilled and commendable ladies in-laws identified with insurance of protected innovation (IP), administration of IPR, assurance of curiosity and inventiveness of IP, discovering patentability of a creation, ventures of databases identified with licenses and united databases and different parts of IPR; empowering them to look for specific work or act naturally utilized.
- Build up a center of experts for planning particular reports in light of IPR, for example, innovation sweep and flexibility to work reports.
How to Apply
- The applicant needs to prepare a full-fledged research proposal in the area of her expertise.
- 5 photocopies of the Application Form
- Submit format available at www.dst.gov.in or online-wosa.gov.in.
DST Scholarship Scheme for Women Scientists and Technologists – PDF
DST Scholarship Scheme for Women Scientists and Technologists – Application Form
Department of Science And Technology (DST) started elite plans to empower ladies to seek a profession in Research and Development (R&D) in Science and Technology (S&T) just in the year 2002. Before that sporadic endeavors had been made toward this path and henceforth just a couple of ladies were occupied with R&D in standard science. One of the significant explanations behind this inconsistency prompting sex hole in logical R&D was the break invocation that numerous ladies needed to look because of familial impulses like marriage, labor, caring for old or feeble guardians, youngsters’ training et cetera. In this way, DST propelled DISHA Program for Women in Science to address these issues and endeavored centered endeavors to not just encourage the reentry of such ladies to standard science by offering them chances to seek after R&D, take up ventures having the unmistakable societal effect and investigate a profession in Intellectual Property space. In the year 2014, Department has rebuilt every one of the ladies particular projects under one umbrella known as “KIRAN” (Knowledge Involvement in Research Advancement through Nurturing). KIRAN is tending to different issues related with ladies researchers (e.g. joblessness, migration and so on.) and expected to give openings in examine (WOS-An), innovation advancement/exhibit (WOS-B), and independent work (WOS-C) and so on.
The Mobility Scheme is intended to give a chance to ladies researchers who are confronting challenges in their present employment because of movement (marriage, exchange of spouse to some other area inside the nation, going to feeble guardians, and going with youngsters examining in various city) and will go about as filler while looking other profession alternative at new place. The activity means to give an amicable situation amid early periods of ladies researchers where they might want to remain dynamic in look into notwithstanding going to and satisfying different obligations in the household front. It offers an authoritative research honor to ladies researchers and empowers them for autonomous research.
Leave a Comment