MRMBS- Dr. Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Benefit Scheme
The launch of Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Benefit Scheme
The scheme was launched by the Tamil Nadu Government as mentioned earlier in the article. The Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Benefit Scheme is not a new scheme, the scheme has been launched years back in 1987 by the CM of the state that time Mr. V.R. Nedunchezhiyan under the rule of the party AIADMK. The scheme was modified as the changes have been made in the scheme time to time and recently a few changes were made in the scheme CM Edappadi K Palaniswami as the scheme was revised to provide more benefits to the Pregnant women’s of the state. Integrated Child Development Services Department is the department responsible for the scheme functioning.
Fund for the scheme
As mentioned above it is a state government scheme so all the expenses of the scheme are managed by the state Government Tamil Nadu. Keeping the welfare of mother and child the government has allocated 21.76 crores for the functioning of the scheme. As it will lead to the proper implementation of the scheme and will help the eligible women’s of the state.
Key features of the scheme
The Key feature of the scheme is given as follows:
- Better nutrition –The key feature of the Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Benefit Scheme is proper nutrition to the Pregnant women’s.
- Cash assistance – The cash assistance will be given to the Women’s who is pregnant and a Help up to Rs. 12000 will be given to them, as it was earlier now the help up to Rs, 18000 will be given to them.
- Installments– The financial help will be given in the form of Installments for the proper functioning of the scheme at each level.
- Nutritional kit – Apart from the financial help the nutrition of the mother and the child would also be focused to provide them the better health and Nutrition. The pregnant women will get the nutrition kit which will contain the health mix iron tonic, dry dates, protein biscuits, ghee, disinfectants, towel, and tablets or the medicines
- The number of beneficiaries – As per the data, there are around 25,698 Pregnant Women who got benefitted from the scheme in the previous years.
Eligibility Criteria Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Scheme
The eligibility criteria to apply the Dr. Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Benefit Scheme, MRMBS, you can then apply for the scheme and get the benefit of the financial aid under the scheme if you are able to fulfill the Eligibility criteria.
- The candidate interested to apply should be the permanent resident of the state Tamil Nadu and also avail the proof for the same.
- The Women’s applying for the scheme should be belonging to the weak backgrounds as BPL families can only get the benefit of the Financial help under the scheme.
- The candidate applying should be above the age of 19 years.
- The expectant women’s has to register at the PICME to get the PICME or the RCH id issued to them.
Documents Required for MRMBS
The following mentioned Documents which are required if in case you are interested to apply the Dr. Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Benefit Scheme.
- You should be availing the Aadhaar card and linked with the details at the official portal.
- The women have to give the bank account actively working on their name as it is mandatory as the scheme to avail the benefit of the scheme.
Where to apply MRMBS?
The interested can opt to apply by checking the eligibility criteria by making use of the official portal of the PICME portal, Pregnant and Infant Cohort Monitoring and Evaluation which is launched by the Government of the state Tamil Nadu. You can get more by making use of the link [https://picme.tn.gov.in// ].
Read about the procedure to check the Rajasthan Land Record by referring the article below:
Implementation/ Installments MBMRS
The scheme MRMBS is designed to be implemented in the form of installments to help the women’s of the state as it will also reduce the burden on the state Financial budget.
Check the installment details as follows:
The candidate has to apply the scheme by registering themselves at the nearest city or the health center as before registration confirmation of the Pregnancy is required.
- Then the desired and the expectant candidate can continue the process by registering themselves at the PICME – Pregnant and Infant Cohort Monitoring and Evaluation as the procedure for the same as described above.
- You can register at the PICME with the help of the healthcare specialists.
- Then you will be assigned a 12 Digit code as the PICME code which is also known as the Reproductive and Child Health ID.
Note- The registration at the PICME Or for RCH id should be done within 12 weeks of Pregnancy.
- After the verification by the concerned department, your Ist Installment will be issued by the department and it will be of Rs. 2000.
The 2nd installment consists of Rs. 2000 but it is not in the form of the cash as mentioned earlier the women will also be given the pregnancy nutrition kit for the proper nutrition of the mother and Unborn child. You will able to get the pregnancy nutrition kit by depositing the reports of the prenatal checkups and ultrasound.
The 4th Installment or the Payment will also be in the form of the pregnancy nutrition kit and the worth of the pregnancy nutrition kit will be Rs. 2000 as the pregnancy nutrition kit as mentioned earlier in the article the Nutrition kit will include the essential food items which Pregnant women require.
The fifth payment will be given after the birth of the child after the process of the delivery as the amount given in the Fifth Payment will be Rs. 4000 as the candidate will get the benefit only in case the institutional delivery.
The Sixth installment will be dispatched to the bank account as other schemes as under the direct benefit transfer and it will be given after the preliminary vaccination of the child and the amount given in the installment is again Rs. 4000. In order to attain the benefit the documents of the vaccination of the child will be required to be submitted at the registered health care center then only you will get the sixth installment.
The seventh and the final installment will be given to the candidate in case the child attains the age of nine months as the payment will be done before one year of the child and the final installment will consist of amount Rs. 2000 and it will be transferred to the bank account of the applicant.
Leave a Comment