Digi Locker is a digital locker is started by the government of India which helps the people to safeguard the documents by storing them in the cloud which can be accessed later whenever required. The service provided at the portal can make your life easier than before as in the earlier days you carry the documents along with you as each document was in the form of Hardcopy as they used to get damaged easily.
This initiative will completely change the governance. With the help of Digi Locker, common people will be able to access their important documents anytime. This digital platform uses a cloud-based storage, so the citizens can access their documents from any part of the globe without any hassle.
Objective Of Digi Lockers
The main objective of this project was to include more accountability and transparency in the governance. Now every citizen will be given 1 GB space on the cloud-based storage to upload their data and they can sign up by using their Adhaar card number. At the time of creating the account, the one-time password will be sent to the user’s Adhaar registered number. Thus government officials have a better way to keep public records and this process will reduce a lot of pressure from the various departments of the government.
Security features of Digi Lockers
- 256 bit SSL encryption.
- Mobile authentication based sign up facility.
- Documents are hosted by ISO 27001 certified data center.
- Timed log out is provided to secure the customers account from unauthorized access
- Data Redundancy
- Security Audit is possible on the Digi locker
Benefits Digi Locker
- The Digi locker will lower the cost of provided services by the government.
- It will reduce the staffing requirements
- Saved the time and safeguard the documents
- No fraud and middlemen
- e-documents are digitally signed using Aadhaar based
- A Digi locker account holder can get the documents any time anywhere.
- Simple and efficient services
- Reduced paperwork
To open the account you need you Adhaar card. Other identity cards are not required to open the account. You also need you Adhaar registered mobile number to generate the one-time password number. After signing up you can access you Digi Locker account by using Facebook or Gmail account. You can store all your important documents in this cloud-based storage to protect them.
Also Read About Aadhar Pay, Payment
How To Apply?
To create the Digi Locker account you don’t need to visit any government office. You can create your Digi Locker from your home. All you have to do is, visit the official website of Digi Locker and go to the sign-up option to create your account.
Apply Digi locker https://digilocker.gov.in/
- To create the account you have to enter your Adhaar card number, then the system will send a one-time password to your Adhaar registered mobile number.
- To confirm the process you have to enter that particular one-time password.
- Fingerprint authentication will be done
- For the fingerprint authentication Select the device and scan the fingerprint.
- Upload them to the portal.
- The username and password will be created for the application.
- Then click on the signup button.
Must About Digitizeindia.gov.in Platform
Now, your account will be created and you can later log into your Digi Locker by using your social media accounts like Facebook or Gmail.
How does it work?
The department or the respective agencies which issue the documents on the name of the individuals and the documents are issued in the standard form which can be electronically available anywhere any time.
For eg Income Tax department, Registrar Office, CBSE etc.
The one who request for the access of the particular document which is stored in the repository.
For eg. Passport Office, Regional Transport Office, University etc.
The person who is making use of the Digital Locker with the help of Aadhaar number.
Documents you can store in Digi Locker
As know you will be curious to know about the documents, documents which can you store at the Digi locker? As we are aware of the need of our readers so here is the answer for the same. You can store the following documents at the Digi locker. Have a look at them.
- Documents related to Income tax department
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card
- Voter card
- CBSE documents such as mark sheets
- Documents of the Registrar office
- Passport Office document
- Documents from Universities
- Revenue department
- Insurance policy-related documents
- Road and transport ministry is also linked on the Digi locker so you can store RC or the driving license.
- Few states and central government are also linked to it
- The focus is to bring each and every department under the Digi locker.
The above-mentioned documents can be uploaded by the issuers, Requesters and even by the citizen are stored at the Digi locker as they are linked at the Digi locker.
Note– File in the form of pdf, jpeg & png can be stored at the Digi locker
Sign Up Digi Locker
Sign Up Digi Locker:- https://digilocker.gov.in/public/register
To sign Up at the Digi locker means to log in to the portal to get the documents. click on the link below and the image is also given below for the assistance.
As soon you click the link new page appears to enter the mobile number you have registered at the portal of the Digi locker to sign up at the portal.
- Click on the continue option.
- Enter details
- You can log in by any one of the methods below.
- Aadhaar number and OTP
- Username during account creation
- By entering the password and validation of Facebook ID
- If you have selected the username.
- Enter the user id and password.
- click the Sign In button.
Read About CSC Online Status
If you have selected social media account (Facebook) then enter the Facebook ID and password.
Uploading Certificates and Documents
After signing in the digital locker, click on the uploaded document to upload the documents to complete the procedure of the application.
Sign in Digi Locker
To sign in at the portal click the link below.
Sign In The Digi Locker:- https://digilocker.gov.in/index.php#no-back
- Enter the username and the password.
- You can also sign in at the portal by making use of the Aadhaar number registered at the portal
Forget Password:- https://digilocker.gov.in/public/register/resetpassword
In Case you forget the password you can make use of the link and enter the Aadhaar number and verify it at the portal you will be provided with the new password.
DigiLocker National Statistics
REGISTERED USERS – 15041661
UPLOADED DOCUMENTS –20326242
ISSUED DOCUMENTS –3328542755
Digi Locker Mobile App
The mobile app of the Digi locker is also available you can find it at the official portal of the Digi locker or you can also make use of the link given below to download and install the mobile app of the Digi locker on your device and can avail the benefit of the scheme. You Can Also Download Digilocker APK from various apk based sites like apkmonk, apkpure and more.
Download Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Application Form
Digi locker mobile app:- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digilocker.android&hl=en_IN
National E-Governance Division,
Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
4th Floor, Electronics Niketan,
6, CGO Complex,
New Delhi – 110003
DigiLocker – CBSE
PDF Digi Locker
You can also get the details information from the pdf below make use of it either by downloading it or viewing it online.
Leave a Comment