Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana (DDVY) – The Government of India is trying desperately to promote the digital India campaign at any cost. In the recent years, we have seen the government opting for some of the most drastic changes in the country. And among them, the promotion of digital India is very prominent. The DigiDhanVyaparYojanascheme came into force at the end of the year 2017. With the help of this scheme, the government is basically trying to implement the digital methods in the modes of the transaction for the customers and as well as the merchants. Digital payment method is extremely easy and convenient and is devoid of all the hassles and troubles of the conventional modes of payment. The following are the two schemes that the government implemented: –
- Lucky Grahak Yojana for Consumers
- Digi-Dhan Vyapar Yojana for Merchants
The government of India introduced both the above-mentioned schemes so that the merchants and as well as the customers can use facilities of the digital payment option. The government literally issued cash rewards for using the mode of digital transaction.The following points will provide a summarized encapsulation of the essential elements: –
- Both the above-mentioned schemes were introduced by the government so that the people and the merchants of the country can be encouraged to opt for the mode of digital transaction.
- To implement the plan the government introduced the cash rewards for the lucky consumers and merchants.
- The scheme basically is to encourage the poor, middle-class and the other underprivileged people to use the form of digital transaction.
- The National Payment Corporation of India or the NPCI introduced the plan.
The basic objective of introducing the plan was to promote the platform of digital payment and safe and secure transactions online for both merchants and customers. The government of India has introduced cash rewards to promote both the schemes. According to media and magazine reports in the year 2017 already the government has given out Rs 285 crore as the cash reward to both customers and merchants. This prize money was actually won by various people all over the country. The scheme has the following features: –
- In the year of 2016-2017, a daily prize of Rs 1000 was given out daily to around more than fifteen thousand lucky customers.
- A weekly prize was also present. It was nothing less than one lakh rupees and was given to about to seven thousand people.
- There were many attractive prices for the merchants all across the country.
- There was also a weekly payment of Rs 50000 to the lucky merchants.
Benefits of Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana (DDVY)
Both of these schemes are different and have their own traits and characteristics: –
- The Digi-DhanVyaparYojana is meant for the merchants who can afford to take part in the lottery.
- All the merchants are eligible for this lucky draw. As a matter of fact, any merchant who can carry out transactionsofRs 50 to Rs3000 becomes automatically eligible for this lucky draw.
- The major benefits of this plan and scheme are that this can be availed by the middle scale and small businessmen and women, without any second thought and inhibition.
- All the online transactions will be considered under this scheme for the lucky draw.
- The winners will be selected absolutely randomly by the software developed by the NPCI.
The eligibilities and the conditions applying for Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana (DDVY)
The following are the eligibility criteria and the other conditions levied on this scheme: –
- Basically, the Digi-DhanVyaparYojana is meant for the merchants to take part in. In this scheme, only the merchants are eligible for the lucky draw and are awarded the cash prizes.
- The Digi-DhanVyaparYojana very much focuses on the small businesses.
- Only the transactions made through Unified payment interface or commonly known as UPI, USSD, AEPS and the RuPay cards are eligible for the participating in this Digi-DhanVyaparYojana scheme.
- On the other hand, digital transactions done through the debit card, credit cards, and the e-wallets are not eligible for this scheme.
How to apply
There are no specific rules to apply to this part. But the information given in the eligibility will be more than useful. One can apply only when one matches all the eligibility criteria from the government web portals. And apart from this, all the transactions made with the above-mentioned modes of payment will be automatically considered for the lucky draw. And the lucky merchant will be selected by the software.
Some important links
Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana (DDVY) PDF
The government of India has implemented these plans in the year 2017 to promote the digital mode of transaction. The government has also introduced the system of cash rewards through a lucky draw that will be selected absolutely randomly by the software developed for this purpose. According to the newspapers and the magazines and experts of the industry, this move by the government is indeed laudable as it will pave the way for the new and digital India. And these plans are targeting the small business owners so that they can develop will the lucky draw money to consolidate. The winners are selected randomly according to their transaction ID. As a matter of fact, one has provide no extra or additional information or data for the option this.This initiative is taken by the government of India to educate and make the customers and the merchants aware of the processes of the online transaction mode. By adding the factor of the cash reward the government has made the deal almost irresistible.As a matter of fact, the government has already provided the people with more than two hundred and fifty crore rupees as cash reward in the lucky draws. And apart from the mega draw every week people are winning the small cash amount.
Leave a Comment