Delhi Death Certificate
A death certificate is a legal document, given by the concerned state. This document consists all the detail of the person who is deceased for death. This legal document consists name of the person, place of death, the reason of death and all other details. it is essential to register for death within time and after that death certificate is issued to the family member or nearest relative of the person deceased with death. This document is a proof that the person deceased is free from all legal issues. after that, his family members withdraw all his deposits, earnings, and Lic policies.
Delhi Death certificate Rules/Acts
In Delhi according to the provision of registration of death act 1961, it is necessary to register the death with the state government of Delhi. It is given to the family member within 7 days after receiving the application form of death. Family members have to apply within 21 days of the death of the person.this document is delivered to us by municipal corporation Delhi(MCD)or Delhi cantonment board. So registering within time is beneficial to us.
Eligibility Death certificate Delhi
As we are discussing Delhi death certificate, Other persons who are not related to death and have no relation with the deceased person cannot apply for the death certificate. The persons required to register death are either family members or relatives and outside persons concerned with death. Now we are discussing persons who are eligible to apply.
There are two cases
- when death occurs at home.
- when death occurs at outside the home
firstly when death occurs at home, the person who is the head of the family can apply, if he is not available then the nearest relative can apply.
In the second case
- when death occurs at a hospital, nursing home, schools college: the medical officer who is in charge with him.
- in a vehicle: a person who is the owner of the vehicle.
- when death occurs in jail: jail in charge.
- when death occurs in a public place: the head of the village or in charge in the local police station.
Must Read Delhi Domicile Certificate Status
Authorities/Local bodies for Registration
As we are discussing Delhi death certificate, there are different centers for registration. Also, special arrangements are made by the Delhi Government to make such type of essential documents.
Deputy health officer of each medical zone is designated as registrar of births and deaths and vaccinations center and paramedical staff is designated as sub-registrar for making death certificate document. Also in these areas, special arrangements are also made by municipal corporation Delhi for making such important document.
- Nigam Both ghat
- Sant Nagar
- electric crematorium Punjabi Bagh
- Subhash Nagar
- Green Park
- Children Ghat
- Punjabi Bagh
- Paschim Puri
- Electric crematorium, Nigam Bodh Ghat
Death certificate Delhi Documents Required
We need some documents while registering for death and the gazetted officer attests all these documents. These Documents are listed as
- Application on a plain paper, we can get this application through online or offline mode.
- Aadhar card.
- A copy of delhi ration card
- Proof of death of the person in respect to whom the certificate is required.
- Affidavit specifying the place, date and time of death.
- the post-mortem report of the deceased person
Affidavit-Death certificate Delhi
If an affidavit is asked to be given along then you can either visit the official Website to get the Format of Affidavit- Death Certificate Delhi or you can make use of the affidavit death certificate proforma given below as it is as given on the official website of the Delhi government. So make use of the Affidavit death certificate by filling the information and give it to the concerned department as mentioned above in the article the bodies or the authority responsible.
Fee Death certificate Delhi
- If we apply within 21 days of death, no need to pay for registering a death certificate
- after 21 days up to day 30, a late fee of 7 rupees will be charged.
- after 30th day to one year of death occurrence, 10 rupees will be charged.
- after one year we require SDM orders and 15 rupees charges as late fee.
- for one copy of death certificate, 10 rupees will be charged.
- to search for an old record 7 rupees will be charged.
Death Certificate Delhi Offline
In case you are interested to apply the Death certificate Delhi Offline then you can make use of the information given below for the same. As the procedure for the same is explained to you below in the article.
- You can get the application form from the local authorities as mentioned above.
- Fill the application form and attach the documents mentioned above along the application form and submit it to the concerned department.
Application form Death Certificate Delhi
The application form Death Certificate Delhi can be obtained from the official website of the http://www.mcdonline.gov.in/ or you can make use of the Application form Death Certificate Delhi given on the page below. You can make use of the application form as the application form is in the form of pdf file.
Online Procedure Death Certificate Delhi
- Applicant should visit this link www.mcdonline.gov.in
After clicking the above link applicant will see the following page.
- Now the applicant should have to click on the municipal corporation which he belongs to.
- After clicking the applicant will see the image
- Now the applicant should have to click on the online services which he wants to use like the person wants to register for death he has to click on birth and death registration by the empaneled institution.
- Now candidate will go to the following image of the application form and fill all the details correctly, after that click on the submit button.
At last, you have to pay Rs.21 for downloading the form online from the MCD Delhi website.
In this way, anyone can register for death certificate online in Delhi without going anywhere and wasting his time. But the person who is applying for the certificate has to give a proof of relationship with the person deceased. Once the death certificate is made it is valid forever.
Check Status Delhi Death Certificate
You can check status Delhi death certificate online as the Delhi government started the online service for the Convenience of the people of the UT Delhi. You can make use of the link given below if you are interested to check status Delhi Death Certificate.
- Click on the Link above.
- Enter the Application Number.
- Then Click on Submit Option.
- You will get the status of Delhi death certificate.
Download death certificate online Delhi
You can search Death certificate Delhi, Download death certificate online Delhi on the official website as you have to visit the site if you want to avail the facility of verifying Death certificate Delhi.
- Click on the above link.
- Enter the registration number and submit the application.
- You will get the details of the Death certificate Delhi.
- You can also Download death certificate Delhi Online from the MCD Delhi official Portal as mentioned above.
NEW DELHI MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
(NDMC Head Office)
Parliament Street, New Delhi-110001
Leave a Comment