Table of Contents
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grammeen Kaushalya Yojana
- Aim of DDU
- Objectives of Scheme
- Features of Deen Dayal Yojana
- Implementation Areas
- Department Concerned
- Coverage Under Deen Dayal Yojana
- Funds for DDU- GKY
- Details of Training Programs
- How to apply?
- Apply online
- Register at DDU-GKY
- Send query
- Contact info
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grammeen Kaushalya Yojana
The Scheme launched by the Union Ministers Nitin Gadkari and the Venkaiah Naidu. The DDU-GKY on the birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya on 25 September 2014.
Strong demand for the economic opportunities among the poor, Social mobilization and the need to make rural poor desirable to both Indian and global employer have been the guiding principles of this scheme.
It aims to skill rural youth who are poor and provides them with jobs having regular monthly wages. It is one of the clusters of initiatives of the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India that seeks to promote rural livelihoods. It is a part of the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM) – the Mission for poverty reduction called Aajeevika. The scheme will benefit more than 55 million poor rural youth who are ready to be skilled by providing sustainable employment.
Parties interested in running a DDU-GKY training program and assessment in partnership with the IT-ITeS Sector Skills Council NASSCOM are expected to produce a sanction letter from MoRD for the same.
Under this program, disbursements would be made through a digital voucher directly into the student’s bank account as part of the government’s skill development initiative.
This scheme derives importance from its potential to reduce poverty. It is also designed to be a major contributor to the Prime Minister’s ‘Make in India’ campaign.
Aim of DDU
DDU-GKY has its origins in the Aajeevika Skills programme and the ‘Special Projects’ component of the Swarnjayanti Gram SwarozgarYojana (SGSY). The scheme focuses on catering to the occupational aspirations of rural youth and enhancing their skills for wage employment. For more details, please read the DDU-GKY Programme Guidelines.
It aims to target youth, under the age group of 15–35 years. A corpus of Rs 1,500 crore and is aimed at enhancing the employability of rural youth.
Objectives of Scheme
- A shift in emphasis – from training to career progression
- Enable poor and marginalized to access benefits from growth
- Ease the pain of migration when it is inevitable
- A proactive approach to building partnerships
- Monitoring of inputs and outputs, where the main focus is on Placement i.e. output
- It enables states to take full ownership of DDU-GKY projects it has been decided not to consider any more Multi-State Projects (MSP)
- State government as the main player – Single State Project (SSP) to Annual Action Plans (AAP)
- A special scheme in collaboration with the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DONER)for skilling projects specific to the needs, requirements and the special characteristics of States in the northeast.
- Enhancing the Capacity of Project Implementing Agencies (PIAs)
- Consent and State share is mandatory
Features of Deen Dayal Yojana
Socially disadvantaged groups (SC/ST 50%; Minority 15%; Women 33%) are being covered under this scheme on a mandatory basis. Incentives for job retention, career progression, foreign placements, post-placement support, and migration support and alumni network are its key features.
Being a part of a developing country, it becomes very important to do a job and make it big. Adding to the economic growth of the country is the responsibility of every citizen. Now if the job opportunities are very less compared to the population, highly skilled and qualified youth will grab all respectable and highly paid jobs. So guaranteed placement for at least 75% trained candidates and enhancing the capacity of implementation partners by nurturing new training service providers becomes a major attraction of this yojana.
It will focus on the Jammu and Kashmir (HIMAYAT) for the Poor people, North-East region and the 27 Left-Wing Extremist (LWE) districts (ROSHINI). It will enable them to get access to sustainable employment on regular wages.
State Governments, Technical Support Agencies like the National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRD & PR), and Project Implementing Agencies (PIAs).
Coverage Under Deen Dayal Yojana
The scheme is being implemented currently in 33 States/UTs across 610 districts partnering currently with over 202 PIAs covering more than 250 trades across 50+sectors.
Success is a three-step process:
Skills and aptitude are secondary because the major problems among the rural poor are above three. This yojana has taken the entire responsibility to reach every single household and make them aware of their basic rights and opportunities. After proper training, the person so employed is supported for sustainability even after the placement. This produces skilled and independent youth for the country.
Funds for DDU- GKY
- DDU-GKY Fund allocated ranges from Rs. 25,696 to over Rs. 1 lakh per person, depending on the duration of the project and whether the project is residential or non-residential.
- DDU-GKY funds projects with training duration from 576 hours (3 months) to 2304 hours (12 months).
- Funding components include support for training costs, boarding, and lodging (residential programs), transportation costs, post-placement support costs, career progression, and retention support costs.
Details of Training Programs
It would cover more than 250 trades for the skill training programs which will include Retail, Hospitality, Health, Construction, Automotive, Leather, Electrical, Plumbing, Gems, and Jewelry
- The trade specific skills require to follow the curriculum and norms by specified national agencies: the National Council for Vocational Training and Sector Skills Councils.
- In addition to the trade-specific skills, training in employability and soft skills, functional English and functional Informational technology literacy so that the training can build cross-cutting essential skills.
To be part of the scheme by becoming the training provider at the scheme or become the partner to get the information regarding the training and how to become a partner and more details about the partners who are already with it. You can get the complete information at the official page or get the information by clicking on the link given along TRAINING/ PARTNERS
How to apply?
- You have to first apply at Permanent Registration Number (PRN). Follow the following steps to proceed further:
- Registration Certificate from the one who wants to apply such as Applicant Organisation.
- PAN Card
- TAN of Applicant Organisation who wants to apply.
- Photo of the Head Office of the Applicant Organisation.
- Photo and CV
- Aadhar Card and Driving License.
- Organization website and details.
Note: document in jpg or pdf not more than 300 kb
- After the successful submission of PRN application form, you will get a 5 digit Temporary Registration Number (TRN) by email from DDU-GKY.
- After a verification process by DDU-GKY, you will receive a PRN.
- After receiving the PRN, the process to fill the Project Application Form
- Submit the Form with your complete detail.
Status of the application
To know about the status updates on your project application login to Status of the application
or visit the official website of the DDU-GKY.
As the youth can get benefit from it so if you are interested in the scheme then you can apply for the scheme to make use of the opportunity. You can easily apply online accessibility available to the user as the user can now apply online at the portal. APPLY ONLINE
Register at DDU-GKY
You have to register yourself at the portal before you avail the facilities of the portal. For registering at the portal please note down few points regarding how and what information is to register yourself at the portal.
- First of all click on the link given along or open the official site of the portal. DDU-GKY
- Enter the detail in the form such as your name, state, district, address, email id, mobile number as the image is also given below for your help, check the image below to get more about the registering at the portal.
- You can choose the industry as well as the job role you want.
- You have to upload the passport size photograph of yourself.
- Then enter the captcha code and submit the form.
You can send the query to DDU-GKY as the solution to your problems at the earliest as possible. For your query, you can visit the official site. Or can click on the link given along for your guidance and the image of the page is also given along. SEND QUERY
You can enter the required information as in the form to register the query at the portal. The information such as language, Name. address and your message and you can send the query easily.
Rural Skills Division,
Ministry of Rural Development,
7th Floor, NDCC-II Building,
Jai Singh Road, New Delhi-110001
and the other contact details are available at the portal you can get the details of DDU-GKY MoRD Team, National Mission Team, Nodal Person in State Government you will get the complete detail about them along with contact number and email id. To get it to click on the link given or visit the official website CONTACT DETAIL
This is a major step to eradicate unemployment and poverty. India is a developing country and so is the youth employment a major factor in its growth. This scheme takes into consideration every single factor. It makes an effective plan to reach out to the rural poor youth. Guidance is all they need because the lack of resources has made it difficult for them to even think of a well-paid job. Training them and providing suitable placement along with financial support. In the early stages of the job is a big step towards economic and social growth.
Read Also :- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana Registration