Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana (DDSSY)is a health insurance scheme launched by the Government of Goa on Goa Statehood Day. The scheme will benefit people residing in the state for 5 and more years.
Goa is the first state to have a health insurance scheme which will be advantageous to all residents of the state irrespective of their financial status. Any person residing in Goa for 5 and more years can enrol into the scheme.
Table of Contents
1) Any individual living in the State of Goa for five years or more is declared eligible person under ‘DDSSY’.
The family of an eligible person is defined as his/her Spouse and Unmarried children and Dependent Parent(s) / In-Laws (Incase eligible Family person is female). This Family unit cannot be split.
2) Central/State Government employees and their families are not eligible under ‘DDSSY’ which are already covered under government medical reimbursement.
Following Self attested photocopies of original documents to be attached along with the forms.
1) Aadhaar Card / Enrollment Acknowledgement Slip of every family member above the age of 5 years.(Compulsory)
2) The eligible person must have his/her residence proof
- Residence Certificate (5 years residence in Goa state)
- Voter ID
- Driving License
3)Ration card to define a family.
In case of ration card is not available to enclose all the below mentioned documents:
- For Spouse – Marriage Certificate of the eligible person.
- For a dependent child – Birth / School leaving certificate.
- For dependent parents – Declaration stating Parent(s) / In-Laws are not employed.
- Caste certificate issued by Deputy Collector along with Income Certificate showing income less than 6 lakhs per annum is a compulsion for OBC of non-creamy layer
- For SC/ST – Caste Certificate issued by Directorate of Tribal Welfare/Deputy Collector.
- For Differently Abled eligible person – Disability certificate issued by Medical Board.
The Benefits will be provided on a cashless basis to the Beneficiaries up to the limit of their annual coverage, as per details as under:
The Insurance cover shall be up to;
i) Rs. 2.5 lakhs per annum for a family of three or fewer members and up to;
ii) Rs. 4 Lakhs for a family of four and more members.
The Insurance benefits can be availed individually or collectively by members of the family
The annual instalment of the insurance premium which is Rs. 3,206 per family will be paid by the Government to the insurance company.
Coverage of the Scheme
The scheme will be applicable in all Government and private hospitals across the state. As per the Health Minister Francis D’Souza, DDSSY will cover 447 types of investigations and related surgeries.
- The insurance policy will cover treatment, investigations and medications for about 276 types of diseases in the government hospitals.
- Hospitalisation for treatment of 147 diseases in the private hospitals is also covered under the health insurance scheme.
- The policy will cover hospitalisation, medication as well as the cost of surgeries in government and empaneled private hospitals.
- If the expenses go beyond the cover limits under the insurance scheme, which is applicable in all hospitals, government as well as private, the patient will have to take the further treatment in a government hospital.
How to Enrol into Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana
The state government has set up 17 centres across the state for registration and issuance of health insurance cards to the beneficiaries.
List of DDSSY Centers for Registration
Technical partner for providing the insurance cards is Goa Electronics Ltd (GEL) while the company which will provide the actual insurance cover is United India Insurance Company Ltd.
By launching this scheme, the government aims to lessen the burden on Goa Municipal Corporation. The scheme is also expected to lessen the burden on state residents and help them get better treatments.
Deen Dayal Swasthya Seva Yojana Helpline
The interested applicants can contact at the following details for any help or information regarding the DDSSY
Helpline Number: 0832-2438844
More information about the scheme is available on its official website at http://www.ddssygoa.com