Death Certificate Manipur
It is mandatory to register the death with the State Authorities within 21 days of the occurrence, as per the Birth and Death Registration Act,1969. Death Certificate helps in settling property conflicts and other benefits such as insurance claim and widow pension. Department of Imphal Municipal Corporation issue death certificate to the closest relative of the deceased person.
Benefits of Death Certificate
There are lots of benefits of obtaining the death certificate which is mentioned below-
- Death Certificate certifies the cause of death.
- It works as an evidence of such information that is time, date and place of death.
- It helps the person to get relief from social, legal and official obligations.
- The family of a deceased person can easily claim insurance and other benefits.
Death Registration Manipur
Every death has to be registered in Manipur and it depends on the place and person which is explained below-
|1||If death occurred in a house||The Eldest member of the family|
|2||If death occurs in the hospital||In-charge of the medical institution|
|3||If death has taken place in the local area||The headman of that area|
|4||If death occurred in a jail||In-charge of the jail|
Documents Needed For Death Certificate Manipur
Some documents are needed to be attached while applying for a death certificate in Manipur which is given below-
- Birth Certificate Manipur of the deceased person.
- Application form of death registration.
- The medical report from the hospital which states the cause of death.
- Manipur Ration Card of a deceased person.
- Address proof.
- An affidavit which states the date, time and place of death.
Fee Required Manipur Death Certificate
Applicant has to pay the fee for a death certificate which is mentioned below-
- If a death has registered within 21days, then the applicant has nill to pay.
- Applicant has to pay Rs.2/ if death has registered 21 to 30 days.
- If death has registered between 30days to 1 year then the applicant has to pay Rs.5/-
- Rs.10/ has to pay if death registered after 1 year.
The processing time of death certificate in Manipur is five days from the date of application.
Application Procedure – Offline
The offline procedure of death certificate in Manipur is mentioned below-
Every death occurred in Manipur has to be registered within 21 days of the occurrence with the State Government. Now applicant has to fill the application and submit it with the required documents which are explained above. After verifying the actual records of Government death certificate will be issued. The applicant will receive an application number to check the status of the death certificate.
If the applicant wants to apply a death certificate online then follow these instructions-
- Firstly, the applicant has to visit the official website of Manipur i.e, https://www.eservicesmanipur.gov.in/eda/
- Click on login option on the home page.
- A new page will open after clicking on login with E-Parmaan.
- The new user has to create a profile for the death certificate.
- For applying the death certificate applicant has to fill username and password.
- Now fill the application form and submit it with the necessary documents and attach passport size photograph.
- After successful submission, the applicant will receive the applicant number for future reference.
Application Status Death Certificate
Applicant has to visit the official website of Manipur and then select the application status from options. After entering the application number you can see your death certificate application status.
Leave a Comment