Jammu and Kashmir Death Certificate
The state government has the right to issue the death certificate after the person’s demise. As per the provisions of the Birth and Death Registration Act,1969 every death occurred in the Jammu and Kashmir has to be registered within 21 days. The death certificate will be issued to the nearest relative of the deceased person. Now, we look at the procedure of obtaining a death certificate in Jammu and Kashmir.
Benefits of Death Certificate
After obtaining the death certificate, the family of a deceased person can claim many monetary benefits which are mentioned below-
- It helps the deceased person family to get claims such as insurance claim or widow pension.
- It is mandatory for the widow to obtain the death certificate of ex-partner for future marriage.
- To get relief the deceased person form social, legal and official obligations.
- To reduce the conflicts related to property transfers.
Death Registration Jammu and Kashmir
Registration of death depends on the place and person which is explained below-
- It is the responsibility of the head of the village to register the death occurred in a local area.
- If death has taken place in the hospital, then the death would be registered by the medical officer.
- In-charge of the jail can register a death if death has occurred in a jail.
- If death has occurred in a house it is the responsibility of the eldest member of the family to register the death.
Necessary Documents Death Certificate
Some documents are required to attach when applying for a death certificate which is mentioned below-
- Deceased person Jammu and Kashmir Birth Certificate.
- Identity proof of the deceased person.
- Photograph of the deceased person(passport size).
- An affidavit as an evidence of stating the cause, date, and place of death.
For applying death certificate in Jammu and Kashmir following the given instruction below-
- Firstly applicant has to visit the official website of Jammu and Kashmir CLICK HERE
- Choose the option ”Forms” and then on the next page select the option Proforma for Death Certificate”.
- Now download the application form of the death certificate.
- Fill all the required information in the application form and submit it to the nearest concerned office.
Must Read:- Ration Card Jammu And Kashmir
Leave a Comment