Death Certificate Gujarat
It is a legal document issued by the State Government after the person’s demise. The death certificate is issued to the nearest relative of the deceased person and it states the cause, date, and location of death. As per the Birth and Death Certificate Act,1969, every death has to be registered within 21 days of the occurrence.
Benefits of the Death Certificate
Purpose of the death certificate in Gujarat as it explained below-
- To claim insurance benefits.
- To avail pensions.
- For setting property related disputes.
- As an evidence of date, cause an place of death.
- It is compulsory for a widow to create a death certificate for future marriage.
Required Information Dearth Certificate
Information required to fill in the death certificate application form of Gujarat which is mentioned below-
- Applicants Name
- Applicants Gender
- Father’s Name of the applicant
- Spouse’s Name of the applicant
- Date of Birth of applicant
- Contact Number and Address
- Deceased person’s name
- Relationship of deceased with the applicant
- Date and Place of death
- District of a deceased person
- Block PHC
Following documents are required to attach along with the application form which is mentioned below-
- Aadhar card of the deceased person.
- In the case of a crime or accident, a post-mortem is required.
- Deceased person Gujarat Ration card.
- Death declaration certificate from the hospital.
- No Objection Certificate if required.
Death Registration in Gujarat
Death registration depends on the place of the occurrence and person which is given below-
- It is the responsibility of the head of the family to register the death if it occurs in a house.
- A person appointed in the medical institute is responsible to register the death if death has taken place in the hospital.
- If death occurs in a jail, then it will be registered by the In-charge of jail.
Application Procedure – Online Death Certificate
If the applicant would like to apply a death certificate online then follow the given steps below-
- Firstly, the applicant has to visit the official site of Gujarat i.e, http://www.rmc.gov.in/rmcwebsite/birth%20death%20certificate.aspx
- If the applicant is not registered then register himself.
- Now login while using ID username and password.
- Fill all the required information and attach all the necessary documents.
- Now submit the application form and verification will be started.
- After the completion of the verification process, the certificate will be issued to the applicant.
Read Also Gujarat Domicile Certificate Apply Online
Offline Application Procedure
- Visit the Tehsildar office.
- Receive the application form from concerned authorities.
- Fill up all the details in the application form.
- Attach all the necessary documentation and submit it to the concerned office.
- After submission, the death certificate will be issued after the verification process to the applicant.
Application Fee Death Registration
Death registration fee depends on the delay in registration which is mentioned below-
- If a death is registered within 21 days of occurrence then the fee is nill.
- If a death is registered after 21 days to 30 days then the applicant will charge Rs.2/-.
- Applicant has to pay Rs.10/ if a death is registered after 1 year.
Leave a Comment