Daman and Diu Death Certificate
Records of death are maintained by the U.T Government. As per the Birth and Death Registration Act 1969, every death has to be registered within 21 days of the occurrence. Only the closest relative of the deceased person can obtain a death certificate after the verification of the details submitted by the applicant. In this article, look at the procedure how to obtain a Death Certificate in Daman and Diu.
Benefits of Death Certificate
After obtaining the death certificate applicant can claim benefits which are mentioned below-
- It will help the deceased person family to claim insurance and other monetary benefits.
- To settle disputes related to property inheritance.
- Death Certificate used as the affidavit which states the date, place, and cause of death.
Read About Daman And Diu Governor
Required Documents Daman and Diu
For applying the death certificate applicant has to attach the required documents which are mentioned below-
- Copy of Fee Receipt (if paid in treasury)
- Identity proof of the deceased person (AADHAAR CARD)
- Application form of the death certificate.
Registration of Death
It is mandatory to register every death but it depends on the place and person which is explained below-
|S.No.||Place of Death||Who is responsible for registering a death|
|1||House||The eldest member of the family is responsible for registering the death|
|2||Hospital||A person authorized by the medical authority.|
|3||Local Area||Head of the village can register a death.|
|4||Jail||In-charge of jail is responsible to register the death.|
Application Procedure Daman and Diu
Follow the given steps below for applying death certificate in Daman and Diu.
- Firstly, the applicant has to visit the concerned registrar office for applying the death certificate.
- Receive the application form from the same office and the copy of application form is given below in the PDF form.
- Now fill all the necessary information of the deceased person.
- Attach the required documents and then submit it to the concerned office.
- After the verification process, the applicant has to visit the concerned office for collecting the death certificate of the deceased person.
Read Also About Shramik Seva Portal
Leave a Comment