Death Certificate Chhattisgarh
It is a legal document, it clarifies the death of a deceased person and only by the state authorities. As per the Registrations of Death Act,1969 it is compulsory to register the death under Chhattisgarh government by the closest relative of the deceased person. This article tells you about the procedure of death certificate in Chhattisgarh.
Death Certificate Benefits
There are many benefits of having a death certificate which is mentioned below-
- As an evidence of time and date of death.
- It helps to get relief from legal, social and official obligations.
- To claim property of a deceased person.
- After a person’s demise, its family can collect insurance claim and other monetary benefits.
Read About Chhattisgarh Ration/Rasan Card
Birth and Death Registration Act,1961
Any Birth and Death occurred in a Chhattisgarh then it should be registered within 21 days of the occurrence. Under the State Government, the death certificate is issued by Municipal Corporation in Chhattisgarh.
The responsibility of the person to register death according to place are mentioned below-
- If death occurred in any hospital, then it will be registered by the person in charge of the hospital within 21 days of death to the concerned office.
- It is the responsibility of the oldest person in a family if a death has taken place in a home and it should be registered in 21 days of the occurrence.
Applicant has to pay the processing fee of Rs.30 for a death certificate.
There are some documents required to attach while submitting the application form which are explained below-
- Applicant has to attach the affidavit.
- Medical Report
- You are required to issue a certificate by doctors/ ward members.
- Permission Letter
- If death occurred in a hospital then the applicant has to attach Form 4.
- In case of an accident Form4A.
- A letter is required by self-certified.
Application Procedure Offline
An applicant can apply offline for death certificate while following instructions given below-
Firstly, for getting the death certificate applicant has to visit Gram Panchayat Office. Now applicant has to fill the application form and then submit it with the necessary documents required. After submission of application form, an applicant will receive an acknowledgment slip for future reference.
Must Read Chhattisgarh AAY Praman Patra Apply online
For applying online applicant has to follow given instructions below-
- Firstly, an applicant has to visit this website. CLICK HERE
- Now there is an option on home page ”Certificate Services” applicant has to click on it.
- You have to select an option ”LIST OF SERVICES” from the open age.
- From the number of lists choose option ” DEATH AND BIRTH CERTIFICATE”.
- Now LOGIN by using user id and password.
- If a person is not registered then click on NEW REGISTRATION and fill the registration form.
- After filling the registration form click on Login.
- By clicking on ”DEATH AND BIRTH CERTIFICATE” apply for a death certificate.
- Now applicant has to attach the required documents and fill it.
- After submission applicant will get reference number as an acknowledgment.
For checking the application status, the applicant has to visit the WEBSITE of Chhattisgarh. Now you have to click on ”STATUS CHECK APPLICATION”. After clicking, the applicant has to enter his/her application number to check the status of the application.
After seven days of working death certificate will be issued to an applicant.