Death Certificate Chandigarh
It is an official document issued by the State Government/ Union Territory Administration after the person’s demise. As per the provision of Birth and Death Registration Act 1969, every death has to be registered within 21 days of the occurrence of death. This certificate is issued by the Municipal Corporation of Chandigarh and only provide to the closest relative of the deceased person.
You May Also Like To Read PGI Online Registration
Need for Death Certificate
There are many benefits of obtaining Certificate which is mentioned below-
- To claim insurance for family or widow pension.
- For settling the conflicts related to the property.
- To relief from the social, official and legal obligations.
- To state the cause, date, and place of death.
Death Registration Chandigarh
Registration of death depends on place and person which is explained below-
- Jail – It is the responsibility of Jail In-charge to register the death in concerned office.
- House – Eldest member of the family is eligible to register the death.
- Local Area – Head of the village can register the death in the registrar office.
- Hospital – A person who is appointed in the hospital is responsible for the registration of death.
Some documents are required to attach when an applicant is applying for the death certificate in Chandigarh which is explained below-
- Chandigarh Birth Certificate of Deceased Person.
- Applicant has to attach application form.
- An affidavit which contains date, place, and cause of death.
- Photographs of the deceased person (passport size)
- Certificate issued by doctors.
Fee Structure Chandigarh Death Certificate
Applicant has to pay the required fee for obtaining a death certificate and other services which are mentioned below-
- If death has registered within a month then the applicant has to pay Rs.21/-.
- Applicant has to pay Rs.30/ if registration has done after 30days.
- Any death record search will be charged for Rs.2/-.
Concerned Authority For Death Certificate
Registration of death is the responsibility of concerned departments mentioned below-
- If any death occurred in the urban area then it will be registered by the Executive officer in the Municipal Committee.
- It is the responsibility of Civil surgeon to register every death occurred in the rural area at the District Level.
Read Also Domicile/Residence Certificate Chandigarh
Late Registration Death Certificate
If death is registered late then the applicant has to attach a separate form for getting the death certificate. Applicant has to fill all the necessary information and attach all the required documents. The late registration form is attached below in the form of PDF-
Application Method – Offline
For applying Death Certificate through the registrar office follow the instructions given below-
- The applicant has to visit the Registrar office for the registration of death.
- Collect the application form from concerned office and fill it with the necessary information.
- You can also download the form which is mentioned below in th form of PDF-
- Now submit it in prescribed format in the same office and attach all the required documents.
- After the submission, the applicant will receive an application number for tracking of application status.
- A death certificate will be issued after the verification from the concerned department.
- After the verification, the death certificate will be received within 7 days of work.
Online Application Procedure
If the applicant wants to apply the death certificate online then follow the steps explained below
- Firstly, the applicant has to visit the official website of Chandigarh CLICK HERE
- If you are a new user then click on ”Citizen Login” and then click on ”Sign Up”.
- Now you have to fill all the details required to register yourself.
- After registration, Login to the E district while using your Username and Password.
- Now submit your form and you will get the tracking number to check your application status.
Application Status Death Certificate Chandigarh
For checking your application status visit to official website of Chandigarh and enter your application number and see the status of the application.
Death Certificate Download
If your application has been approved then visit the site E District and enter your application number and certificate number. Now click on the button”Submit” and then you can download death certificate of Chandigarh.
Leave a Comment