Death Certificate Assam
A death certificate is issued by the government to a deceased person of their state. furthermore, it will help their relatives to get a claim from an insurance company or any other bank account.it is a legal document and this certificate is issued by the joint director, health service of the state but after confirmation of a death.
You May Also Like To Read Ration Card Assam Family Details
Purpose of Death Certificate
Purpose of obtaining death certificate are mentioned below-
- To avail pensions.
- To get a claim from an insurance company.
- Used in documents as an evidence of age, gender, etc.
Required Information Death Certificate Assam
Information required while applying for a death certificate-
- Applicant’s name
- Applicant’s gender
- Father’s name
- Address of applicant’s
- Spouse’s name
- Date of birth
- Name and gender of the deceased person.
- Permanent address and contact number of a deceased person.
- Relationship with a deceased person.
- Block Development office
- Block PHC
Benefits of Death Certificate
The death certificate is used in determining the facts of accidents or deaths. Uses of the death certificate are given below-
- To examine infant deaths.
- It will help to monitor the reasons for infant deaths.
- To take steps towards communicable diseases.
- To monitor the specific causes of death.
- To determine the nature and place where accidents happened.
Documents required to apply for the death certificate of a deceased person-
- Submit the signed and filled application form.
- You are required to attach a death declaration given by the hospital.
- Domicile Certificate Assam.
- Attach post-mo term report if it is provided by a police station.
- You are required to get permission for delay death registration.
- Identity proof of deceased person- Aadhaar card.
- No objection certificate.
There are two methods for applying death certificate which is mentioned below for the user who is interested to apply for the death certificate of Assam-
If you are interested to apply online then go through with the steps mentioned below-
- You have to log on to the website https://assreeam.gov.in/home
- Then you have to click on ‘Online Services Tab’ on the home screen of the website mentioned above.
- Now you are required to click on ‘Application for Death Certificate’.
- Open the application form and fill your details.
- When you complete the form, then submit it.
- After some time you have to collect the certificate from a particular office.
- To get a death certificate, you have to visit Public Facilitation Centre in Deputy Commissioner’s Office.
- All the death event have to be registered within 21 days by the closest relative of the deceased person. The person should be aware of NOC if there is a delay in death registration.
- The applicant has to get an application from the respective department.
- Now applicant has to fill the details in the application form.
- After submission of application form, the applicant gets an online receipt of application form.
- You can use the online receipt to get the printout of a death certificate.
- Required documents are attached with the certificate and send to the officer for approval. Signature of officer prooves the approval of the certificate.
- After signing of the certificate, it will be sent back to receipt counter and then issued to the applicant.
Read Also Assam Police Online FIR
The application form is mentioned below in the form of pdf and it will help you to know the details required in the application form.
Directorate of Health Services
Govt. of Assam, Hengrabari, Guwahati 36
Phone No. 0361-2261630, 2261151
Fax No. 0361-2261630
Res. No. 0361-2261813
Mobile No.- 94360-11783, 99540-79283
Leave a Comment