Launched by the Chief Minister Raman Singh who announced the Chhattisgarh Yuva Suchna Kranti Yojana 2017 with the aim to distribute free smartphones to the youth and poor families in the state of Chhattisgarh. Under the Chhattisgarh free smartphone Yojana 2017, the government of CG will provide sim cards as well to the students, women and poor families. Raman Singh announced SKY with the aim of promoting digitization and to increase digital facilities and services in the state. The scheme is set to start from the month of November 2017.
Table of Contents
Highlight of the scheme
- To provide the poor with smartphones within the state
- To promote the use of digitization and to increase the services in the state
- To provide the people with a new age technology to further increase their knowledge
- Creating a digital army in Chhattisgarh
Objectives of the scheme
- Under the Suchna Kranti Yojana, Chhattisgarh (SKY) government will disseminate 45 lakh free cell phones to understudies and Economically Weaker Section (EWS) families.
- The government will also provide free SIM card with smartphones under the free smartphones Yojana Chhattisgarh.
- The scheme would enable the government of Chhattisgarh to create a digital army.
- Under the scheme, the government will construct 1500 cell towers to provide proper functioning of the network.
- Under the scheme, the government will also distribute free Laptops and Tablets with a cost of INR. 80 Crore.
Implementation of the scheme
- The government has allotted 900 crore rupees for the implementation of the Yojana
- Under the scheme, the government will also distribute free laptops and tablets with a cost INR. 80 crores
- The government is allotting students, BPL families and college women with free smartphones.
- The will soon launch an online portal for the registration of the free smartphones Yojana.
Who will take full advantage?
The scheme would be available for students, BPL families and college women who will get free smartphones by the government.
How to apply for the CG Yuva Suchna Kranti Yojana 2017?
The state government will soon launch the online portal for registration of free smartphones Yojana 2017. All candidates who are eligible can apply for the free smartphone scheme. The government will distribute free smartphones to beneficiaries from the month of November 2017.
The scheme would allow the state of Chhattisgarh to transform digitally and bring about new knowledge and ideas using the help of the internet to free. The government would also benefit from the scheme in the long-run.