Good news for the students of Bihar from the State Government of Bihar as they are going to be launching and implementing the Student Credit Card scheme from the 2nd of October. Designed for students to pursue higher studies and has been approved by the Chief Minister of Bihar as well as the State and is all set to launch the scheme on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti.
What are the objectives of the scheme?
- The scheme would provide the students of Bihar with enough financial support so that they can pursue their higher studies.
- To lessen the burden on the parents who can or are barely able to afford the fees of educating their children.
- To fund the students who want to pursue further studies but cannot complete their education due to lack of funds.
- This scheme would encourage students to carry on their studies.
- Though there are other educational loans to avail most students so do not go for them due to the interest rates, but the scheme provides an interest-free loan.
- The Government aims to provide 5 lakh students with an educational credit card.
Table of Contents
What would the scheme feature?
- Under the scheme, the Government of Bihar would be providing each student a loan of up to INR. 4 lakhs once they have completed their class 12 successfully.
- The courses that a student could select or take a loan for under the scheme could include any kind of higher studies as long as the courses have been selected from an authorized and reputed institution or college.
- There are no specific eligibility criteria been mentioned by the Government to avail the scheme. All students in Bihar who wish to continue further studies in professional courses at a reputed institution would be given a credit card.
- When the loan is given, the reimbursing capacity of the student and the patterns will be taken into consideration depending on the type of loan you would be provided.
- The forms for the scheme will be provided online and offline, A card will be issued under the scheme that will be to draw the loan amount when needed.
- The students who take the loan will have to start paying the loan amount back after 4 years from the date they have taken the loan.
- The applicants would have to provide their Aadhaar card number on the application forms and most of the data will be digitized.
- The students will be able to use the loan amount to buy books, pay monthly or semester wise fees, buying computers, or any other educational types of equipment.
How do I apply for the loan?
- The applicant would have to go to any of the counters set up throughout the State
- Submit the forms
- Once it is checked and verified
- You would receive the card that is to be issued to you
- A portal (7nischay-yuvapmission.bihar.gov.in) would be provided where you can fill in your details
- You must have a valid email id and a working phone number
- An OTP would be sent to your phone number
- Make sure you have your Aadhaar card ready at the time of applying
- Once you have filled the form a PDF would be mailed to you
- You must show that PDF at the bank to get the loan.
Requirements to apply
- Filled common application form
- Aadhaar card of applicant and co-applicant (if available)
- Copy of pan card of the student and co-applicant
- 11th and 12th certificate and mark sheet
- Copies of letter conferring scholarships etc. (If available)
- Approved course structure
- Proof of admission
- Fee schedule
- 2 photographs of students/parents/guarantor
- Last year’s income certificate/ form 16
- Last two years income tax return
- Last 6 months bank statement
- Proof of residence(ID/Passport/Voter ID/ Driving License)
- Tax receipt