Bihar Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Scheme
The Chief Minister of Bihar Mr. Nitish Kumar has launched Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Scheme. The purpose of this scheme to promote the women empowerment, social empowerment. The Scheme Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan will help to stop the child marriage and early child pregnancy cases in the society. The benefits of the Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Scheme will be provided two girls in the family. Under the Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Scheme from birth to Graduation level, the government will pay all the expenses and Rs 54100 will be given by the government to the girl as a reward. The government has decided to give Rs 10,000 to every 12th pass girl and Rs 25,000 to complete the graduation. Under this scheme, if a girl born and her parents make her Adhar Card then Rs 1000 will be deposited by the government in their account. When the girl will turn the age of 2 years and her parents complete the immunization then the government will deposit 2,000 Rs in their account.
If any girl wants to get the scholarship of Rs 10,000 then she has to submit her 12th mark sheet.
If any girl wants to get the scholarship of Rs 25,000 then she has to submit her graduation’s mark sheet.
Table of Contents
Purpose of the Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Scheme
Bihar government has many reasons to start this scheme. The purpose of this scheme is given below
- Education – to start this scheme’s first purpose is to educate every girl from Bihar. Girls in Bihar state are lagging behind in studies from other states. So with the help of this scheme, Bihar state wants to educate the girls of Bihar.
- Increase sex ratio – In the Bihar, state girls are lesser than the boys so with the help of Mukhayamantri Kanya Utthan Scheme Bihar state wants to increase the sex ratio of the girls. Many of the people kill the girls before the birth because of their expenses. But with the help of this scheme, the government is giving financial help to the parents of girls.
- End the Child Marriage – Under this scheme, the government will provide the money only the girls of class 12th who are not married and the rules have been made of the scheme is especially to stop the child marriage.
Eligibility Criteria for Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Scheme
- Only the girls of Bihar can avail this scheme
- Only two girls can avail the scheme in the family if more than two girls in a family then only any two girls are eligible for the scheme
- The Scheme Mukhymantri Kanya Utthan have been made for every girl of Bihar. Any girl who belongs to any religion or caste can take the advantage of the scheme.
- Applicant should have Adhar Card
- Applicant should have the bank account as well
- No member of the girl’s family is on the government job
- If any girl wants to get the scholarship of Rs 10,000 then she has to submit her 12th mark sheet
- If any girl wants to get the scholarship of Rs 25,000 then she has to submit her graduation’s mark sheet.
Documents Required for Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Scheme
- Residential Proof – only the residents of Bihar can apply for this scheme, the applicant has submitted legal documents for residential proof. (Bihar Rasan Card)
- Voter ID Card for background verification
- Applicant must have Aadhar Card
- Bank Account details
- School Certificate is must along with other documents
- Mark Sheets of 12th or graduation
- Income Certificate only they can avail this scheme who are financially weak.
Under the Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Scheme, When and How much money will be given by the Government
At the time of birth 2,000
At 1 year old 1000
At the time of immunization 2000
For Sanitary Napkin 300
On Passing class 12th 10,000
On Passing Graduation 25,000