Chief Minister of Jharkhand, Raghubar Das has launched a new housing scheme for widows named as ‘Bhimrao Ambedkar Awas Yojana’ on the 125th birth anniversary of B R Ambedkar.
Under the Bhimrao Ambedkar Awas Yojana, the state government has set aside a budget of Rs. 80 Crores for the scheme. A target of constructing 11,000 homes within the current financial year has been set.
The state government will provide a financial assistance of Rs. 75,000/- to widows to build a home in hilly areas and Rs. 70,000/- in plain areas under the Bhimrao Ambedkar Awas Yojana. The assistance money will be disbursed to the beneficiaries in three instalments into their bank accounts.
- The objective of this scheme is to provide the monetary help to the widows to make their life easy.
- Jharkhand government took very good initiative as the widows live a miserable life because of the rituals of society.
- Widows of Jharkhand will become self -independent and confident.
Financial assistance to the beneficiaries of the scheme will provide in three installments and amount will be directly transferred to the beneficiaries bank account.
- The government will provide a financial assistance of Rs. 75,000/- to build a house in hilly areas.
- Financial assistance of Rs. 70000 rupees will be provided to build a house in plain areas in the Jharkhand districts.
- Widow women in Jharkhand state can get benefits under this scheme
- It will also help in the upliftment of women in general
- Applicant should be resident of Jharkhand state
- Widow women are eligible for this scheme
- Aadhaar card
- Address proof
- Death Certificate of Husband
- Bank account details
- Passport size photos
How to apply
- The applicant can visit Gram Panchayat or Zilla Parishad in Taluka/District in Jharkhand.
- The applicant also visits collector office in Jharkhand.
Bhimrao Ambedkar Yojana is a big step towards the betterment of widows in Jharkhand. The basic need is shelter and must be accessible to each and every individual irrespective of their situations.