Bhamashash Yojna has been started by Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje (Rajasthan Government) to empower women. Under this scheme, government benefits like money are being transferred directly to the beneficiary’s account. Thus, it helps in reducing corruption. The government will directly deposit money in the name of family and women in the bank account which come through government subsidy. The main objective of this scheme is financial inclusion, empowerment of women and effective service delivery. In this scheme, the state government will provide Bhamashah card and it will be made in the name of the woman in the house.
Stores of MNREGA, pension, scholarship, and ration were added to the Bamashah scheme on December 15, 2014. Bamashah card has been linked to the bank account to receive the schemes provided by the State Government. In Rajasthan, 42 million people have already registered for the Bhamashah scheme.
Table of Contents
The Objective of the Bhamashah Yojana in Rajasthan
- The main objective of this scheme is to transfer financial and non-financial benefits to the bank accounts of the citizens of Rajasthan state in a transparent manner.
What is the use of the Bhamashah card?
- Bhamashah card is just like the normal ATM card.
- In Rajasthan state, the bank will provide Bhamashah card for its account holders.
- Under the Bhamashah Yojana, open bank accounts are eligible for Bhamashah card.
- Once in the Bhamashah Yojana, after registration of all the family members, it will take 2 to 3 months’ time to get Bhamashah card.
- Once the card is ready, the message will be received once on the applicant’s registered mobile number.
- Bhamashah card will be distributed by village servants, Patwari, urban ward supervisor and local e-friend center etc.
- If the applicant has not registered all the members of the family for the Bhamashah card then he will have to wait for some time.
Features of the Bhamashah Plan
- Transferring government benefits directly into the beneficiary’s account will help in reducing corruption.
- The benefits of the whole scheme will be transferred directly to the poor women of the state through the schemes of the state government.
- In Rajasthan state, 1.5 lakh women were registered and their bank accounts were opened under this scheme.
- It is necessary to open a bank account to avail of the Bamashah card.
- Under this scheme, a special card will be issued for students and disabled persons. By which a special amount will be given to those who do not live with the family.
- Not only women but men can also get Bhamashah card, but they have to pay additional Rs 20 or 25.
- With the help of Bhamashah card, poor and disadvantaged people get 30,000 to 3 lakh rupees as a treatment facility for medical insurance.
- Bamashah card holders will be able to obtain ration from the public distribution system shops using women biometric system.
Eligibility Criteria to apply for the Bhamashah Yojana
- Applicants should be a resident of Rajasthan State.
- Applicant should have a bank account under Bhamashah Yojana for Bhamashah Card.
- Bamashah card will be valid only in Rajasthan state.
- BPL card holders are eligible for this scheme.
Document required for the Bhamashah Yojana
- Voter ID
- Aadhar Card
- Ration Magazine
- Pan Card
- Water bill, electricity bill, telephone bill
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
- Bank account statement
How to register for the Bhamashah Yojana?
- Applicants can apply Bhamashah Yojana through online or offline mode.
- For offline enrollment, camps have been organized in each rural panchayat and urban areas in each ward in rural areas.
- Visit the online portal of the Bhamashah scheme for online enrollment. Http://bhamashah.rajasthan.gov.in/content/raj/bhamashah/en/home.html
- Click on Bhamashah Nomination on the online portal http://220.127.116.11:8080/bhamashahqc/citizenDashboard
- To register a citizen, fill the required details such as name, Aadhaar card number, mobile number, date of birth etc.
- After filling all the details, the applicant needs to upload the necessary documents and then submit them.
- After successfully registering, the applicant needs to go to the bank near his locality to open a bank account under Bhamashah Yojana.
The scheme would allow for a huge change in the system the nation runs and increase the use of the digital side of India begun by our prime minister Narendra Modi.
References and Details
- For more information about the Bamashah Yojana, please visit http://bhamashah.rajasthan.gov.in/content/raj/bhamashah/en/home.html
- Download PDF for Bhamashah Yojana: http://bhamashah.rajasthan.gov.in/content/dam/doitassets/Bhamashah/pdf/MLA%20Handbook%20-%20Design.pdf
- Bamashah scheme