The dowry system in India is one of the atrocious issues. Providing dowry for daughters in order for them to marry is frequently. As a major cause of the problem.
Mr. Arun Jaitley Finance Minister describe the scheme in the Budget speech. The focus will be on the concern for the girls and women. By Campaigning the scheme to the citizen of the Country. The Minister informed about the change in the school curriculum. By including the separate chapter on gender equality.
Launch of BBBP
The Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP), Prime Minister on the 22nd of January 2015 Panipat, Haryana start the scheme. The BBBP will focus on the issues relating to the women empowerment and the Child Sex Ratio (CSR). The scheme will lead to success with the efforts of the Human Resource Development, Health & Family Welfare, and Ministries of Women and Child Development.
Do you know the reason and the objective to start the scheme BPPP?
Each scheme starts for the Certain benefits as per the government.
- To prevent gender oriented sex-selective elimination
- Ensuring the survival & protection of the girl child
- To ensure that the girl child receives the education need.
Implementation of Scheme
The Government of India along with the Ministries, institutions and the civil societies has brought the change to the scheme. The scheme will implement in 100 districts. Which have a low child sex ratio by focusing on the intervention and multi-section.
The 100 districts on the basis of the low child sex ratio as per the census of 2011. That covers and Union Territories as a pilot with at least one district at each State.
- Districts below the national average (87districts/ 23 states)
- Districts above the national average but have shown a declining trend (8 districts/ 8 states)
- Districts above the national average and shown increasing trends (5 districts/ 5 states-and learn from their experiences)
Read Also Ayushman Bharat Essay | Essay On Ayushman Bharat In English
Strategies for Scheme
The scheme implementation with the help of the Communication Campaign. The sustainable Social Mobilization to promote the equal rights of the Girlchild.
- As good governance can only indicate if the issue relating to the CSR/SRB will decline in public discourse.
- The Gender Critical Districts will focus on the scheme. So to overcome the issues CSR by integrating action.
- The Urban local bodies, Grass root workers, Panchayat Raj institutions with the partnership of local community, women’s, and mobilize and train youth groups.
- To make sure the delivery of the services under the Programs are responsive to tackle the children’s rights and issues of gender.
- To enable the inter-institutional and the inter-sectoral convergence at the blocks and district Level.
Components of Beti Bacho Beti Padho
Following are the components of the scheme Beti Bacho Beti Padho. You can get them by reading the article.
Mass Communication Campaign on the Beti
This program initiative to start target to catch the attention of a nation-wide audience. To increase the awareness of celebrating the Girl Child & enabling her education. The campaign would lead to ensure that no discrimination would be done in the education. The other rights of the Girlchild so that the girl child equal rights can empower. The Campaign would be taken and interlink by the National, State and District level. Interventions with the stakeholders for the success of Program.
Multi-Sectoral interventional in 161 Gender Critical Districts covering all the States and UTs low on CSR
The Multi-Sectoral actions have been drawn in consultation with MoHFW & MoHRD.
Budget Allocated for BBBP
Hugh amount of Budget are you aware?
The Budget allocated for the scheme is INR. 100 crores under the budget announcement for the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao campaign. The mobilization of the Plan under the scheme ‘care and protection of the girl child’. And the other resources would also mobilize from the Corporate Social Responsibility. At National & State levels which will provide the assistance and the cost estimate for the scheme is INR. 200 crores.
The MWCD will be monitoring the budgetary control of the scheme at the Central level. The funds by the MWCD will transfer to the state government after the approval of the plan by the respective government.
As per information above the scheme would function as the Joint venture of the National, State, Districts, Block and village levels as the same institute will track the status of the scheme. At the national level, the National Task Force Secretary MWCD will monitor the progress of the scheme. At the state level, the chief secretary will monitor the scheme. At the district level District Collectors (DC) will coordinate the activities of the scheme.
Evaluation of Scheme
At the end of the 12th Five Year Plan the evaluation of scheme. To assess its impact and take corrective measures mapping of Ultra-sonography machines. Baselines survey of the concurrent assessment of the percentage of age of births of a male & female child. Reporting of complaints under PC & PNDT act will also help in assessing the impact or outcome.
Prompt Tackling of issues
- Awareness of gender equality
- Education for women
- Medical aid and health issues
- Safety in public transport system
- Women safety cells
- Campaigns on sensitization towards women and children
- Cybercrime cells
- Crisis management center’s
- Awards for role models, parents, and other categories
Read Also PENSION ID Card (For Retired Employee)
Role of Common people
What you can do as an Individual? Common people can do certain things as below. To promote the smooth functioning of the scheme. Also, it will benefit the Girls.
- Celebrate the birth of girl child in the family and community
- Take pride in daughters and oppose the mentality of ‘Bojh’ and ‘Paraya Dhan’.
- To promote the Equality of gender.
- Educate the Girlchild.
- Report the incident of sex determination to the competent department.
- Broaden the Thinking and understand the aspect of Girl education and equality.
Role of Social Media
As per the recent update of the Government. The government has spent 56% of the amount for the promotion of the scheme. The government launched the youtube channel for the BBBP Scheme. To make the reach of the scheme to everyone. Videos related to the declining sex ratio and gender discrimination.
If you are interested to watch the videos.
You can also take part in the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Group available at the MyGov platform.
The prime minister said ‘Beta Beti Ek Saman’ this should be everyone’s chant which means both Men & Women are equal.
To get more about the scheme. Visit the official site.
Leave a Comment