The government of Assam rolled out the Atal-Amrit Abhiyan, an health insurance scheme which would provide coverage against several critical illnesses. The scheme was launched to mark the 92nd birthday of the former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, the scheme offers coverage against 437 illnesses in six diseases. Both below the poverty line (BPL) and above the poverty line (APL) families, with an annual income of below INR. 5 lakhs, are eligible for the scheme.
The Chief Minister of Assam Sarbananda Sonowal said “Health always remains a commitment of the government and with the launching of Atal-Amrit Abhiyan access to quality treatment will become a reality for all the citizens.
Highligts of the scheme
- The scheme offers to provide health benefits to all in the state of Assam
- This is to bring a development in the health sector of Assam
- To fight diseases that are life sucking
- Making health benefits available to the poor sector of people as well
- Dedicating the scheme to the former prime minister of India Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
Objectives of the Atal-Amrit Abhiyan
- To provide quality healthcare to all
- To provide affordable healthcare to the people of the state
- To provide health insurance coverage under hundreds of critical illnesses.
Eligibility to apply for Atal-Amrit Abhiyan health insurance scheme
- Applicant must be a resident (domicile) of Assam
- The schemes is applicable to BPL and APL families whose family income is less than Rs. 5,00,000 per year
Benefits of the Atal-Amrit Abhiyan
- Health insurance corer of Rs. 2 lakhs for all the citizens of Assam
- The insurance will provider cover against 437 critical illnesses under 6 different categories as mentioned below:
• Kidney dialysis
• Cardiovascular diseases
• Neurological conditions
• Neo-natal diseases
About the Atal-Amrit Abhiyan Smart Card
Assam Govt will be issuing a smart card under the scheme. The Atal Amrit Abhiyan health card will be free for the people below poverty lines (BPL) and APL`s need to pay Rs. 100 for the card. The annual renewal fees for the cards is Rs. 100. The card can be used for the cashless treatment from 1st April 2017. Till then the registered people can apply for reimbursements for the amount spent on the treatment.
How to apply for Atal Amrit Abhiyan
- Download the Atal Amrit Abhiyan application for available at the: Atal-Amrit Abhiyan official website
- Take a printout of the form
- Correctly fill-in the form
- Past the photograph of the patient
- Get the photo attested by the doctor
Attach photo-copies of the following documents required for Atal Amrit Abhiyan
- Annual Income Certificate issued by Circle Officer (Attested copy of the certificate to be enclosed along with the application)
- Attested copy of the Voter ID or Voter ID of Parent
- Attested copy of the Referral Certificate/ Discharge certificate & Prescription from the hospital
- Original copy of the Bills attested by the treating hospital (Only empanelled hospital under Assam Arogya Nidhi)
- Submit or post the application form along with all the above documents to The Joint Director of Health Services of your district
More details & references of the Atal Amrit Abhiyan
• Atal-Amrit Abhiyan website
• Atal-Amrit Abhiyan online form
• Guidelines for the Atal Amrit Abhiyan scheme
Leave a Comment