The state government of Kerala has planned a scheme called as Avasakiranam to take care of patients lying physically and mentally disabled. The government has started this scheme for the deliberately caretaker, which is related to the members of his family or sick patients because they are not in a position to get employment for themselves. In this scheme, the government is lying in bed Intends to provide monthly financial support for carers of patients who require a constant caregiver.
This plan covers many diseases: Older Aged and Brittle Bone Diseases in Bed: The Kerala Government started various schemes for the welfare of people such as all bed-ridden patients who are full-time carers, mentally challenged patients (Autism, cerebral palsy, mental retardation, mental illness), 100% visually impaired, bed-ridden cancer patients.
Despite this achievement, much has not been done for home care treatment. Many Kerala families depend on home remedies because they can not cure patients in hospitals and most of these patients are treated at home. About this, the Government of Kerala initiated the care of patients and financial assistance was being provided to them.
Table of Contents
Benefits of the Aswasakiranam Yojana
The government provides monthly assistance of Rs 525 / – to those who care for all the bedside patients, who always need carers.
Eligibility for the Aswasakiranam Yojana
- The applicant should be a resident of the state of Kerala.
- Patient carers are eligible for this scheme.
- A family member or a close relative, who is unemployed without source of income and who are at home to take care of the patients lying on the bed, are eligible for the Ashsakramanam Yojana.
- Applicants should come under the poverty line.
- Paid Care Gavar / Home Nurse is not eligible for this scheme.
- Support will be stopped when caregiver stopped taking care of the patient or died.
Essential documents for Aswasakiranam scheme
- Aadhar Card
- Patient’s medical certificate
- Passport size photographs of untouchable patient as a doctor’s evidence
- Bank account statement
- Ration Magazine
- BPL card
How to apply for Aswasakiranam scheme?
- Fill in the application form and attach all documents.
- Submit the form to the Kerala Social Security Mission Office.
- Applicants can also visit the Social Justice Department in Kerala.
Executive Director, Kerala Social Security Mission, Pujapura, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695012
Phone: 0471-2341200, 2346016 (Fax)
E-mail: [email protected]
Reference and Details
For more information about Ashsakyaraman Yojana
Download Application Form for Avasakiranam Yojana
Doctor’s Certificate Form for Avasakiranam Yojana