The Prime Minister 0f India Narendra Modi launched a Scheme on 25 August 2018 on Saturday in Chennai on the 70th Birth Anniversary of the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu Jayalalithaa to provide the women more empowerment by giving her subsidy on the Vehicle. As the minister, Modi feels that if you want to empower a nation to empower the women as the empowerment of women means empowerment of family. The Two wheeler vehicle in the state of Tamil Nadu will be provided to the women at the low price so that they can purchase it and is able to move into the area where there is no bus facility. So with this scheme, the women will be able to reach the desired destination and they need not be dependent on the male member of the family. Under the scheme over one lakh working women who own some business and they have to go to distant places regarding it or the women working at some other places will be given the subsidy to purchase the vehicle means the two-wheeler scooter.
The objective of Amma two-wheeler scheme
It is a scheme to empower working women by providing them a subsidy to purchase two-wheelers so that she can easily manage to go to places of employment, or the work associated with banks and community-based institutions to run her business. As the vehicle is easy to use so the major reason for the scheme consideration as the vehicle is gearless. The
Differently abled people are also provided with the retro-fitted three-wheeler scooters. The objective of the scheme is to provide each year with such vehicles to one lakh working women are benefited through this scheme. The Scheme will be initiated from 2017-18 onwards. The maximum subsidy provided is 50% of the cost of the two-wheeler which will be approx. Rs.25,000.
Area of implementation
The scheme is aimed to provide to each and every needy woman a chance to work on her own and to reduce the problems which are faced by her if she wants to start or run the business. As she has to visit the distant places for the same. So the scheme is aimed to be implemented in all Rural and Urban areas of Tamil Nadu.
Women who are working individually or collectively as a group for a livelihood providing employment and have to go for a long distance. As she is the only primary source of earnings for the family will get the benefit of the scheme. As the women working are categorized as follows who are eligible for the scheme.
- Women working in the Organized and Un-Organized sectors.
- Women employed in Shops and Establishments.
- Self-employed women involved in petty trades or otherwise.
- Women working in Government Organisations or Private Institutions, no matter the type of salary or are appointed on daily wages.
- The women who are working in the banks or the ASHA workers.
- The beneficiary should be the permanent resident of Tamil Nadu.
- She should belong to the age group of 18 to 40 years.
- She should have a Driving license either permanent or learning.
- The annual income should not be more than 2.5 lac.
- She should have appeared (passed/ failed) for the class 8th.
- Preference will be given to the women
- Working women residing in remote places, hilly areas.
- The women-headed households, deserted women or the widows.
- The differently abled women or the women belonging to the Scheduled Caste/Tribes and Transgender.
- Unmarried women aged above 35 years.
Details of Reservation:
- Schedule Caste (SC) are provided with 21%
- Schedule Tribes (ST) are provided with 1%
- Differently abled are provided with 4% ( Across All Categories)
The official portal has been launched for the convenience of the women residing in the state to get the easy access to the facilities provided by the government. The official portal is Tamil Nadu cooperation for Development of women. The image of the portal is also shown below.
How to apply for the Amma two-wheeler scheme?
- You can get the application at the administration offices of the scheme or you can download the form from our page as the link is given below on the page.
- Submit the application form to the respective Block offices /Urban Local Bodies (ULBs)
- Acknowledgment receipt will be provided in the form of ULB/RLB code with a serial number for the duly filled applications.
- The provided application will be verified in both urban and rural area by field verification team.
Read Also :- Tnpds Smart Ration Card
Field verification Team in the Rural area
- Village Panchayat level – Panchayat Secretary, Panchayat Level Federation Secretary, VPRC Secretary
- Recommending Authority– Zonal Deputy BDO
- Final check – District collector
Field verification Team in the Urban area
- Town Panchayat Staff – Junior Assistant or bill collector
- Social Animator
- Final check -Assistant Director and Assistant Executive Engineer
You can apply for the scheme of Amma two-wheeler scheme by either visiting the official portal of the scheme. As the name of the portal is given above or you can make use of the link given on our page to get easy access and save your time searching for the official portal.
To avail, the benefit of the scheme means if you want to apply for the two-wheeler vehicle than you can apply for the vehicle on the official page of the portal. The Form will be in the form of pdf files. You can also be able to download the application form by clicking on the links given below:
- Urban Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Application Form – Click here
- Rural Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Application Form – Click here
- Subsidy Release Claim Form – Click here
- Field Verification Form – Click here
Documents to be submitted by the applicant along with the Application Form
Documents should be submitted by the applicant along with the application form are listed below:-
- Proof for Age
- Proof for Residence
- Driving License
- Income Certificate
- Proof of Employment
- Aadhaar card
- Proof of Educational Qualification
- Passport size photograph
- Community Certificate
- Differently Abled Identity Card
- Invoice of the vehicle
State unit and District unit
The state unit and the District unit info which is working in the state for the Amma Two wheeler scheme are given at the official portal of the Scheme page and whereas for the guidance of the user the link is also given along. You can also click on the link to get the complete info regarding the state unit and District unit with their official address of the officers as well as the contact and Email address.
Tamilnadu Corporation For Development of Women Ltd,
(A Government of Tamilnadu Undertaking)
Mother Teresa Women’s Complex-I Floor,
Valluvar Kottam High Road, Nungambakkam,
Chennai-600 034,Tamil Nadu, India.
Email: [email protected], [email protected]
Read Also :- Picme Tamil Nadu
PDF of Scheme
The pdf of the Ama two-wheeler vehicle scheme is also provided below. You can click on the link to get the pdf as each and every detail is mentioned in it. As the procedure, steps would be clear from the article above. If still, you have any doubt you can clarify by visiting the link of the Pdf file. You can either view it online or download it.
Leave a Comment