The government of Assam will soon launch a rural home-stay scheme that aims to tap tourism aspects in the rural and semi-urban areas of the state and create job opportunities. The Aamaar Aalohi Rural Homestay Scheme will enable comfortable home-stay facilities with a standardised service to tourists and supplement the availability of accommodation in the rural tourist destinations.
Objective of the scheme
- This is to provide a clean and affordable place for foreigners and domestic tourists
- To enable an experience of staying with Assamese families to experience local customs and traditions and relish an authentic local cuisine.
- To increase the tourism sector within the rural areas of Assam
- To provide a standardised and supplementary accommodation in and around the tourist areas of Assam
- To create job opportunities for the locals in the rural areas
- To build a stable economic benefit through the tourism sectors
Implementation of the Aamaar Aalohi (Our Guest) – rural homestay scheme
The scheme will be implemented by the Assam Tourism Development Corporation (ATDC). It will cost around 16.29 crores to the state. The first phase of the scheme will be between 2017-2018 during which 40 homestays will be setup in the Golaghat district which is in the middle of the Kaziranga National Park. The subsequent phases following districts will be covered: 25 in Barpeta, 20 each in Majuli, Morigaon, Haflong-Umrangsu, 15 in Sonitpur and 10 each in Tinsukia, Dibrugarh, Sivasagar, Jorhat, Hajo-Sualkuchi and Darrang.
Benefits of the Aamaar Aalohi (Our Guest) – rural homestay scheme
- Clean and safe home stays for the tourists at affordable rates
- Attract tourists to the rural areas in the Assam
- Empowers rural economy through rural tourism
- Creates jobs in the rural areas of the state
- The scheme also aims to conserve nature, culture, traditions and customs
- Tourists gets to taste local cuisines along with Assamese hospitality along with culture and traditions
- 80% financial assistance to set up new home stays
- Professional advice and training in the hospitality management
- Free publicity and marketing
- Existing home stays can register online and get registered as authorised homestay
The scheme would enable an experience like home for tourist locally and internationally, and would also help create job opportunities for the rural people and help build experience while working from home. The scheme would also introduce tourism in India like never before.
More details of the Aamaar Aalohi (Our Guest) – rural homestay scheme: http://assamtourism.gov.in/
Leave a Comment