Amit Shah, the President of BJP said that 70 percent of recipients under the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana are women and that the Narendra Modi government has taken several initiatives for their welfare.
The government had constructed 4.5 crore toilets for poor households across the country so that women do not have to go out in the open.
PMMY helping women and the underprivileged in the following ways:
- A majority of the small scale businesses aren’t supported by banks as they remain outside the ambit of bank credits.
- Unorganised supervision of credit facility never reached small business owners. PMMY helped in fulfilment of small entrepreneurs’ needs.
- The scheme provided transparency to both financial institutions and entrepreneurs for solving issues related to repayment by creating a single platform for both.
- The scheme has three options for the beneficiaries:
1. Shishu (loans up to Rs 50,000)
2. Kishore (loans up to Rs 50,000-5 lakh)
3. Tarun (loans up to Rs 10 lakh)
This means the scheme can benefit a wide range of people, from women who want to start a business at home to businesses that would require an investment of up to Rs 10 lakh.
The maternity leave has been increased to 26 weeks for women in the organised sector and Rs 6,000 was being provided to lactating mothers for their first born child.
Mudra Yojana offers loans from Rs 10,000 to Rs 10 lakh at low-interest rates without having a guarantor.
The government of Chhattisgarh has boosted development in rural areas and taken steps to improve security for women under Raman Singh.
Leave a Comment