Uttar Pradesh Budget 2017-18 – In the Uttar Pradesh assembly, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath presented the Uttar Pradesh budget 2017-18. The Chief Minister presented the budget of more than 3.70 lakhs in the assembly session. This will be the largest budget till now. The first budget of the Yogi Government was presented in two houses of Finance Minister Rajesh Agarwal.
As the Yogi Adityanath government has presented its first annual budget for the state, here are the highlights of the budget taken from a speech given by the Finance Minister Rajesh Agarwal.
Full details of Uttar Pradesh budget 2017-18 are given here
- 551 crores for National Secondary Education Campaign and Rs. 254 crores for Mid-Day Mill Scheme
- According to the report, the annual budget of 2017-18 in Uttar Pradesh is Rs 3, 84, 65.971 crores, which is 9 percent more than the previous financial year. A provision of Rs 55,781.96 crore has been made for new schemes in the UP budget.
- According to State Finance Minister Rajesh Agrawal, Lucknow Metro, Purvanchal Expressway and employment generation are in the eyes of the state government.
- Water quality will be evaluated in major cities like Kanpur, Allahabad and Varanasi along the Ganges River.
- 3255 crores sanctioned for the construction of toilets in the state
- 1000 crores of rupees have been announced for Clean India Mission in the cities of Uttar Pradesh.
- The Finance Minister said that the role of farmers will be increased in Uttar Pradesh to increase the forest area.
Other features of the Uttar Pradesh government budget
- There is a provision of Rs. 394 crores for the madrasas in Uttar Pradesh.
- 712 and ambulance ‘are to be started in the state.
- The budget of Rs. 142 crores for scholarships up to Rs. 50 crores and 10th for Wi-Fi in degree colleges and universities.
- 800 crore for Prasad scheme in Ayodhya-Mathura-Kashi areas
- 300 crores have been sanctioned for providing socks, shoes and sweaters among the school’s children.
- 40 crores have been sanctioned for the abandoned cattle and livestock animals under the Bihora Animal Scheme.
- Environment tourism and adventure tourism will be developed in Uttar Pradesh.
- Rs 25 crore for providing helicopter services in tourist destinations and Rs 10 crore for development of tourism in Vindhyachal region,
- 50 crore for the WiFi conspires in the state and Rs. 2800 crores for safe savouring water in Bundelkhand and Purvanchal.
- Childhood day will be celebrated on 5th of every month and every month will be celebrated on the 15th of every month on Mother’s Day on Ladli Day and 25th.
- 25 crore for the development of water sports in Ramgarh lake in Gorakhpur district of Yogi Adityanath.
- 200 crore for special schemes in Bundelkhand, Rs 300 crore for special schemes in Purvanchal
- 71 crore to connect the district headquarter with four-lane roads.
- The announcement of Rs 288 crore for the maintenance of state roads and Rs 3,662 crore for four metro cities was announced.
- Budget of Rs 10 crores for Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Kisan Samrudhi Yojana
- 36 crore rupees in budget for farmers’ debt waiver
- The Finance Minister of Uttar Pradesh announced the launch of ground water conservation mission in his budget speech.
- Launched the new policy of solar energy in the state.
- 1,29,38 quintals of potato stored in private cold storage
- No mention of Purvanchal Expressway in the budget speech.
- UP government will begin new plans of Rs 55,748 crore
The budget so far indicates a severe amount of expenses being made to bring a complete change in the people of the state of Uttar Pradesh but has the implementation process made that change. The budget of 2017-2018 under chief minister Yogi Adityanath has been considerably an expensive amount invested to full fill the dream of Prime Minister Narendra Modi government schemes. The only thing left to see is that all this money invested into making the state better is it making a difference or not.