The Government of Karnataka and International Crop Research Institute for Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) have come together and launched an initiative to bring facilities to the farmers of the state of Karnataka. As the government has realised that the agricultural sector of the state needs more and better improved quality of technology for their farming sector and have joined the ICRISAT to provide the agricultural sector technical amenities and science-led facilities right at there doorsteps of the farmers.
This would allow the farmers have a better lifestyle that would come under the Suvarna Krishi Yojana also known as the Golden age of farming.
Table of Contents
Suvarna Krishi Grama Yojana Key Features
- The Suvarna Krishi Grama Yojana is a scheme for the farmers of Karnataka. In this scheme the state government will be providing a better livelihood to the rural inhabitants by giving them model villages and skill development programs.
- Under this scheme 105 villages will be modified in the very first phase of the scheme. Also the government will be given 20% more income opportunities to the farmers and other rural people. Total of 1000 villages are being targeted to be modified.
- The scheme has started with state government of Karnataka in collaboration with the international agricultural institute ICRISAT. Under this scheme the science-led facilities and technology driven amenities will be given to the farmers at their doorsteps.
- The scheme will also be benefitted for increasing the productivity and skill of the farmers. By adopting policies like capacity building, technology driven development, productivity development and such the profitability and production will be increased under the scheme.
- Along with ICRISAT other international institutions and domestic universities are also being invited to join the initiative and make the farmers understand about the new scheme. Also they will get together and bring new technology and science into the agricultural sector to support the farmers.
Who would benefit from the scheme?
The scheme was launched for the rural people of Karnataka, especially the farmers and people who are directly or indirectly depended on agricultural sector.
Why is it needed?
- The main aim of the scheme is to provide a better life to the rural people by providing them skill development, capacity building process, state of the art technology and integrated scientific knowledge.
- The government will be modelling up 1000 villages, in which 105 will be modified in the first phase of the scheme, by doing so they will be able to provide a better village with better amenities to the farmers and the rural inhabitants.
- The honourable chief minister of Karnataka said with the scheme the state government will be able to increase the profitability, productivity and capacity of the farmers as well as agricultural sectors across the state.
- The scheme will be launched in collaboration with the ICRISAT, the institute that will bring up new and latest technology in the agricultural sectors. Also they can make the farmers understand the importance of the technology and the usage of them.
- Having this scheme will bring forth many more employment opportunities in the rural area. Up to 20% increase in rural income is being planned by the state government and ICRISAT. Universities across the nation and other agricultural institutions will also join them to make the scheme more successful.
How has the scheme been implemented?
- The government of Karnataka has declared about the scheme in budget 2016-17. They have planned to release nearly Rs. 11, 000 Crore as agricultural loans to nearly 23 lakhs farmers across the state in the current financial year.
- The government will disburse short term loan to the farmers at zero interest up to Rs. 3 lakhs and also long term loans at 3% interest, up to 10 lakhs per farmer.
For further references and details
- Showkat Rather: +91-8978882187 or click on the link Showkat Rathe
- Tinku Ray: +91-4030713236 or click on the link Tinku Ray Or
- Suhas P Wani: +91-4030713466 or click on the link Suhas P Wani