The government of Gujarat has introduced a new scheme for the workers working in construction sectors. Under this scheme, the labourers working in the state’s manufacturing sector will be given a food subsidy of INR 10. The Chief Minister of Gujarat Vijay Rupani gave this information on Sunday. Under the scheme, the Gujarat government will provide packed lunch that would include dal, sabzi, and roti at INR 10
What is the objective of the Shramik Annapurna Yojana in Gujarat?
- The government of Gujarat has allotted a total of INR.50 crore towards the Shramik Annapurna Yojana.
- Under this scheme, the government would provide affordable lunch to 25000 labourers.
- Although the total cost of that meal would be INR. 30, the government would sell it for only INR. 10 by providing INR. 20 subsidy for every meal.
- The food under the Shramik Annapurna Yojana will be provided to the construction workers at the sites where they are working.
- The state government of Gujarat will make such meals available at construction sites for workers across the state.
Why was it implemented?
Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has started Shramik Annapurna Yojana to provide the two times food to the poor people of the state who are working as labour at the construction sites. The Shramik Annapurna Yojana is based on Amma Canteens and Annapurna Rasoi Yojana. As these workers not just work for their livelihood but they also help build the nation.