The Ministry of Food Processing Industries is going to start a new scheme. Planning for agro-marine product processing and agro clusters (sampada) for the overall development of food processing area. This scheme will provide an extension of processing and conservation capacity controlled temperature logistics and backward and further relations by enabling infrastructure with an allocation of Rs. 6000 crores for a period co-term with 14th Finance Commission. The purpose of this new scheme is to reduce food waste and to double the income of the farmers.
Announcing this, Food Processing Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal said that her ministry will soon contact the cabinet for the approval of the scheme for agro-marine production processing and development of agro-processing group (Sampada).
Property plan will help overall development in the food processing sector. Some old schemes like Mega Food Park and Cold Series Projects and three new schemes will be merged into the empires for better efficiency and transparency.
These new three schemes, which will be started soon, will help in the formation of infrastructure with improved food supply chain. Three schemes have been nominated.
Creation / expansion of food processing and conservation capacity
New agro-processing cluster
Back and forth links
- The Indian government is taking steps to promote the crop processing sector to reduce the loss of crop to zero level, to provide quality food at affordable prices to consumers and to double the income of the farmer.
- The Center has so far sanctioned 42 mega food parks and 234 cold chain projects. Out of which 13.9 million tonnes of agricultural production capacity and processing capacity of 35,000 crore rupees.
- There is a loss of about 92,000 crore rupees per year in India and these food parks and cold chain will help in reducing this wastage. A total investment of about Rs 15,000 crore is being made in the establishment of these projects. This will also create jobs for about 3.5 lakh people and benefit 15 lakh farmers.
- The government is working to improve the overall health of the food processing industry with three main objectives.
- Bring the loss of the crop to zero level
- Provide quality food to consumers at affordable cost.
- Doubling the income of the farmers.
- The government is mapping all the agricultural groups in the country. Under the new scheme, the government will provide a subsidy grant of Rs 10 crore for constructing infrastructure in each of the groups so that the continuous transfer of production of food products into consumption centers becomes a reality.
The scheme is beneficial for the poor people of the state and would really be at the brink of the shopping areas once these stores are open across the nation. Property plan will help overall development in the food processing sector. Some old schemes like Mega Food Park and Cold Series Projects and three new schemes will be merged into the empires for better efficiency and transparency.
Reference and Details
For more information, go to http://mofpi.nic.in/