In an effort to develop the nations rural areas to make an overall progress in the development of the nation’s economy. This scheme that was recently launched by the government of India is as such based on the vision and development strategies of Mahatma Gandhi were, the government is planning to bring upon social, cultural and monetary ways of development in the villages of India, that by far have been selected under the Adarsh Gram Yojana. The scheme would be based utterly on the demands and the aspirations of the villagers enabling the government to have control over the people and have them involved in fulfilling their requirements.
Table of Contents
- Highlights of the scheme
- Objectives of the Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Factors to consider under the scheme
- How will the villages be chosen under the scheme?
- Reference and details
Highlights of the scheme
- The scheme was launched on a central level
- It was launched on the 11th of October 2014 and has been expected to finish by the year 2019
- The scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- The main focus is on the rural areas of the nations
Objectives of the Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
Developing rural areas Holistically
Some of the villages covered under the scheme will be selected of which strict and complete steps would be taken to make sure complete development in those villages from head to toe. Beginning with the development and reformation of Gram Panchayats. Once this step has been achieved the later steps may proceed further to ensure complete and corruption free development in a holistic manner.
Setting development in both the standard and quality life of the villages
The progress in villages was going quietly slowly as compared to the urban parts of India, due to which the people living in rural areas ha do suffer from a lot of difficulties. As the implementation of SAGY went on, the MPs responsible for the development of the villages will have to make sure that rural people are provided with the facilities and maximize an improvement in the living standards of the people.
Making an improvement in the over state affairs
Being the main aim of the government to develop the villages, the concerned authorities are working towards developing facilities as well in these areas as such
- Increasing productivity
- Livelihood opportunity betterment
- Human development
- More social awareness and mobilization
- Augmented social capital
Apart from these, the scheme is also looking forward to reducing disparities between classes and access to entitlements.
Building model rural governance platforms
Developing foundation and functioning of the Panchayats within the selected rural areas. Bringing a sustainable increase the work being done by authorities in the villages, located close to the selected villages. This would enable them to adapt to the same features being introduced to function and start a new beginning towards a more modern and role village.
Rural governments getting training centre’s
All the villages under the scheme will be governed according to plan for better authority. As the role villages are set up to function according to plan, the villages on the outskirts will learn and be able to trade in tricks.
Factors to consider under the scheme
- Under the guidelines, the MPs would have to take responsibility for developing one village. Though the MP must belong to or have any kind of connection to the village that has been assigned to him/her. One village is to be chosen by the MPs and worked for three years consecutively. The entire process would be carried on till 2024.
- The villages as per the guidelines must be picked from the rural constituencies.
- Not all villages can be developed with the same strategy, thus each village must have its own unique plan which would assist in developing the foundation of finance.
- Most rural areas lack the right to education and each village must be provided enhanced digital foundations
- Under the scheme, the homeless people will need to be provided with permanent houses and well-sanitized services
- Each village must be provided with the all-round development of proper infrastructure, women empowerment, gender equality, community services, the dignity of people, clean and healthy environments, peace, social justice, eco-friendliness and harmony.
- Building health care facilities that would offer health cards, complete immunization and free medical check-ups.
- All the selected villages will be connected with the e-governance facilities for better control.
- All citizens of the nation as per the central government must have a Unique Identification Code.
- All selected villages will be taken to consideration of monetary schemes launched by the central government.
- Training and health advice will be provided to people under the influence of drugs and substance abuse as well as other unwanted habits.
How will the villages be chosen under the scheme?
- Villages with a population of 3000-5000 people are eligible under the scheme if in plains.
- In the hilly area’s population of 1000-3000 are eligible under the scheme
Reference and details
The link provided below is the official link to the website: