The Chandigarh government has come up with an online facility for the citizen’s ease. Now this will provide convenience to the common people and help to save time at the same time. Through this online facility, people can apply online for the Ration card and also the issues of the state concerning the Ration Card.
Table of Contents
- Who Can Apply for Ration Card in Chandigarh?
- Apply for Ration Card in Offline Mode
- Documents Required for Ration Card in Chandigarh
- Ration Card Fee in Chandigarh
- Ration Card Types in Chandigarh
- Apply For Ration Card Online
- Application Form Download
Who Can Apply for Ration Card in Chandigarh?
To apply for the Ration card, the person must be residing or intending to reside in the city permanently. The system is called as Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS). Now to avail the benefits under this scheme, it is important to get registered in APL, BPL or AAY category.
Now the statements and declaration given by the person in the application form are verified through a survey. Then the cards are issued under these categories. The classification process of the BPL and AAY families are set up by the government.
Now, these cards provide a lot of benefits. The card holders get access to various commodities at fair price shop in discount under TPDS.
The permanent residents of Chandigarh get Manual Ration Card or Smart Ration Card issued. At the time of receiving the application also, biometric impressions are taken.
Apply for Ration Card in Offline Mode
Documents Required for Ration Card in Chandigarh
- A complete filled and prescribes application form. Also, it must be attested by the designated authority.
- Colored family photographs(two) which include the head of the family
- Surrender certificate
- An affidavit in original duly attested by the Executive Magistrate/ Notary Public.
- A copy of election photo identity card verified from the electoral roll by the Election department, UT, Chandigarh or an Employer Certificate issued by a competent authority (in the case of Govt. Employees).
- Registration deed of the house in the name of HOF or allotment letter of the house (in the case of Govt. Employee).
Ration Card Fee in Chandigarh
Amount of Rs. 1/- will be charged for the New MRC/SRC and Rs. 5/- will be charged for the duplicate MRC/SRC
Ration Card Types in Chandigarh
- BPL Card
The steps involved to make the BPL card are very simple. Fulfil the conditions and income criteria specified by the government. The procedure is given with some documents which are to be submitted along with the prescribed yellow form.
Above Poverty Line
Apply for the card, submit the application and the APL card will be issued within 10 days. There will be certain requirements like Surrender / Deletion certificate from the place you have migrated. So submit this along with two family group photographs and application form.
Below Poverty Line
BPL cards are issued to those families which have an income of 432.9 per capita per month. Documents required must be attached with it. There are some other requirements as well.
Now this includes the poorest among the BPL families basically earning less than 250 per capita per month. It has a green colour including senior citizens.
You can click on this link to know the List of the Ration Card Depots in Chandigarh –
Apply For Ration Card Online
Time Frame for Issue of Ration Card
- New ration card (MRC/SRC) with requisite conditions- 12 Working days
- New ration card in case of migration from another state (with surrender certificate)- 12 Working days
- Duplicate ration card (MRC/SRC)- 7 working days
- Addition and deletion of names from ration cards- Same day with the required proofs or 5 days in case of verification of the Surrender Certificate and Change of the address within the jurisdiction of FPS- Same Day
Application Form Download
Application Form for Issue of Ration Card for Below Poverty Line can be Downloaded from.
Affidavit to be produced at the time of issue of the ration card under below poverty line can be Downloaded from here
Application Form for Issue of New Ration Card can be Downloaded from here
Check ration card status
Download ration card application form
Department Details for Ration Card in Chandigarh
Department Name and Address :
Food & Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Chandigarh
Address- Department of Food & Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Near Municipal Corporation Building, Near Shivalik View, Sector 17, Chandigarh (UT)
Phone No.– 0172-2703956
E- Mail:[email protected]
Official Website URL-http://chdfood.gov.in/