Agriculture in India has been facing many serious issues. Mostly, every farmer is dependant on weather and rain for the irrigation of crops along with lack of infrastructure has always made it difficult for the farmers to sustain their lives. Most of the farmers are dependant on loans from the rural banks but the problem arises when the crops go bad. Therefore, State Government have to come forward to take over the liability of farmers and repay the banks.
During 2018-19 Budget Session of Rajasthan State, The Finance Minister announced that Under Karz Maafi Yojana, the Government will waive off Loans of Up to Rs. 50,000. Under this Scheme, chief minister of Rajasthan Vasundhara Raje is also establishing Kisan Loan Mafi Commission.
Rajasthan Farm Loan Waiver Scheme will not only provide relief to the farmers but also helps the government to diminish the suicide rate of farmers who are under heavy loads. Under this scheme, the state government of Rajasthan waives off crop loan for the farmers. The farmers of Rajasthan will get the benefit of Loan Maafi yojana on the merit basis.
Table of Contents
Benefits of Rajasthan Farm Loan Waiver Scheme
- Rajasthan Farm Loan Waiver Scheme is to waive off loans of up to Rs 50,000 of small farmers.
- Under this Scheme, the state government will add an additional load of Rs. 80,000
- Loans taken until 30th September 2017 are also included in this Scheme.
- Merit list of all the farmers are also prepared by the Rajasthan State Farmers Debt Relief Commission.
- Moreover, Kisan Loan Mafi Commission Or Farmers Debt Relief Commission has also been introduced.
Eligibility and conditions applying for Rajasthan Farm Loan Waiver Scheme
- The farmer must be a resident of Rajasthan.
- The farmer applying for this scheme should belong to the small farmer’s category.
- The farmer applying for this scheme should not own a big farmland.
- The farmer applying for this scheme should not have availed any benefit under this scheme earlier.
- The farmer should have taken the loan from a registered bank or any government institution.
Required Documents for Rajasthan Farm Loan Waiver Scheme
- Identity proof
- Income certificate
- Application form
- Resident proof
- Aadhar card
- Passport size photograph
- Bank passbook copy
How to Apply for Rajasthan Farm Loan Waiver Scheme
- The farmer can visit the nearest Rajasthan State Farmers Debt Relief Commission office for applying.
- Application form can be obtained at the same office or applicant can download the form online.
- Fill the application form carefully and submit the application form at same office with all required documents.
- The farmer can contact nearest Rajasthan State Farmers Debt Relief Commission office.
- Farmers Debt Relief officer
Some Important Links
- Soon, the State Government is going to launch the Official Portal of Kisan Loan Mafi Commission of Rajasthan.
The Government of Rajasthan will soon reveal the Kisan karj maafi suchi on the basis of the merit. The department will release the merit list districts wise. The merit list prepared by the Rajasthan State Farmers Debt Relief Commission contain the names of all farmers who will get the benefit of loan waiver of up to 50,000. The Rajasthan government released the merit list online just like other states of the country.