The Chief Minister of Assam Sarbananda Sonowal launched Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin in Assam. The goal of the scheme is to provide affordable housing to the people of Assam reciding within the rural areas of the state. The government launched the scheme for the betterment and empowerment of the poor and is rural housing will bring in a significant changer in their lives said the Chief Minister.
A strong and transparent mechanism will now monitor the quality of the construction and other implementation details of the scheme. A nodal officer will be appointed at each Gram Panchayats to monitor the progress of the scheme. The selection process will also be very trasperent and selected beneficeries list will be validated at the Gram Sabha levels. A loan of Rs. 70,000 will be made available for each of the beneficery if he wants to extend the house.
Table of Contents
Highlights of the scheme
- To provide affordable housing for the poor
- To help develop the states infrastructure
- To be able build better relations between the common man and the government
- To promote the India Awas Yojana
Components of PMAY-Urban
Benefits to eligible candidates are being provided through 4 different components of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana as following
1. In-situ Slum Redevelopment (ISSR) Scheme
2. Credit Linked Subsidy (CLSS) Scheme
3. Affordable Housing in Partnership (AHP) Scheme
4. Beneficiary-led Individual House Construction (BLCs) Scheme
About the loan available
- A loan amount of up to 6 lakhs would have an interest rate of 6.5 per annum
- A loan amount of up to 9 lakhs would have an interest rate of 4% concession on the current interest rate(if the current interest rate is 9% then the applicant has to pay an interest rate of 5%)
- A loan amount of up to 12 lakhs would have an interest rate of 3% concession on the current interest rate(if the current interest rate is 9% then the applicant needs to pay on an interest rate of 6%)
Other conditions regarding Awas Yojana Loan
- The tenure of the home loan shall be maximum of 15 years
- In the above table you can see that the concession in the interest rate is given for loan upto 12 Lakh. You might be wondering what will happen if the loan amount exceeds 12 Lakh. In that case, subsidized interest rate will be valid for 12 Lakh and for the remaining amount no concession will be given
- Once the applicant is allotted a home under Awas yojana, he will have the freedom to choose subsidized loan through any participating bank. These banks could be Scheduled commercial banks, Regional Rural Banks, Housing finance companies, State Cooperative banks or any other approved institutions.
How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in Assam?
You can apply online or at the CSC near you. The government of Assam will soon make a formal announcements on the application procedure, elligibities and documents required to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in Assam.
PMAY Application Form Download Links
FORM 4A – Information of Beneficiary being Covered Under Slum Rehabilitation
FORM 4B – Information of Beneficiary being Covered Under Slum Rehabilitation
The scheme is dedicated towards helping and bringing the housing for all scheme in Assam as well. The scheme is aimed to provide a roof over the people who cannot afford a house in the 21st century and to build a better relation between the government and the common man.