The Mukhya Mantri Baans Baadi Yojana is a new upcoming scheme which will fulfil the demand of the bamboo within the state of Chhattisgarh. In the current fiscal year 2016-2017, a budget of INR. 2.50 Crore has been provisioned for the MBBY.
Bamboo is known as Poor Man’s Timber which is utilised to develop numerous day by day reason things like crates and seats and so on. Bamboo is a solid timber utilised for some reasons. Besides this, it is an eco-friendly option because its plants release 30 percent more oxygen compared to the other plant’s species.
Table of Contents
Highlights of the scheme
- To provide high-quality saplings of bamboo
- To bring the best saplings free of cost
- To help villagers earn extra income
- To promote the use of bamboo
Objectives of the scheme
- Under the scheme every 5 to 50 years high-quality bamboo saplings will be transferred to the backyards of houses in villages and other areas.
- The scheme would increase the demand of bamboos with an ample amount of supply from villages.
- The scheme would also strengthen the financial strength of the bamboo craftsmen families.
- To promote an eco-friendly option to increase the percentage of oxygen by 30 percent.
Benefit to the people
- The scheme would help increase the demand of bamboo and increase the financial support of the families of the craftsmen.
- The scheme would also provide 30 percent more oxygen as compared to other schemes.
Implementation of the scheme
The scheme would be completely free of cost and the government would sponsor the scheme entirely. Under the scheme, the government would deliver 5 to 50 saplings to the bamboo craftsmen’s.