The government of Uttarakhand launched the Mukhya Mantri Yuva Swablamban Yojana under the order of the Former Chief Minister (2014-2017) Harish Rawat. The scheme was launched with the aim of providing cash assistance to the jobless youth. This would benefit the youth of Uttarakhand by a mile while they look for employment in the fast growing economy of India where jobs are running at a scarce.
Table of Contents
Highlights of the scheme
- To provide cash assistance to the youth of Uttarakhand.
- Build a better economy.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Skill development schemes.
- To encourage the youth to build their own ideas.
Details about the scheme
- The scheme would assist the youth especially to start-up firms in farming which would include:
- The scheme is being led by a high-power committee by the Chief Secretary. Other than this, the rustic improvement division would go about as its nodal office under the Mukhya mantra Yuva Swablamban Yojana Uttarakhand.
- After the introduction of the post of Gram Panchayat Adhikari under the scheme, the government has made some changes such as:
- From now onwards only graduates can apply in tune with norms laid down by the finance commission.
- There has also been a pay hike which is now INR. 2400.
Benefits under the scheme
- The Gram Panchayat Adhikari post requires graduates which would now encourage more of the youth to attend and do well at colleges.
- Under the scheme, the youth of Uttarakhand would be benefitted with INR. 1.5 lakhs of financial assistance by the government.
- The legislature of Uttarakhand has reserved INR. 50 lakhs for the Chand Vardayee Scholarship conspire.
- Even the students of the scheduled caste category are soon to be included within the scheme.
Eligibility for the scheme
The scheme would only be available to those people who have already been registered under the employment exchange program.
This scheme is a pilot scheme on a large scale that would help the youth to build their dreams, whilst their parents are not able to afford the child’s demands and make the youth of Uttarakhand self-dependent. This would also benefit the government of Uttarakhand on large scale in the coming years.