The government of Madhya Pradesh has invested a sizeable amount of money into its MP Skill and Quality Improvement Program. A total investment of INR. 1600/- crore has been invested to expand the training programs and systems while helping the youth to develop skills for many tasks. This is expected to work for the next five years.
The program was launched by the CM Shri. Shivraj Singh Chouhan on the 1st of April 2017 the was especially designed to target the youths within the state. This is to help them grow their skills required in order to be more productive in the society and to help others.
The plans that are being made available through this investment include helping the youth to earn from the skills needed for taking care of many positions. This includes supporting for polytechnic jobs in many fields. The technical support that would be provided is designed to assist the country in growing its infrastructure and to improve upon the digitalisation process being supported around the country.
Table of Contents
What will the first phase be?
Technical education jobs will be covered in the first phase of the program. This stage will start during the upcoming financial year. This training will be provided to about 7.5 lakh youths within the state.
Details on the scheme
- All 313 blocks within the state will have their own development programs. At least one skill program will be included in each state. It is uncertain as to how many programs will be used in specific states.
- The number of polytechnic employees is expected to increase in the future. About 30,000 new positions will be produced within the next five years.
- This will be available to many youths around college ages. These include those who are looking to attend programs to help them learn new skills that they currently do not hold.
- All institutes will be reviewed to see that the program is being supported by the latest courses and forms of technology. Each individual institute will be subject to additional monitoring if they require any kind of financial support with getting up to par to make the scheme work.
- The financial support will be provided to get this program to work is on a large-scale. The Asian Development Bank will help with covering the financial support required to get the scheme to work.
- About INR. 1.5 crore has been received from ADB so far. A loan of INR. 1005 crore will be given in general for the entire scheme. The ADB will be responsible for offering that loan.
- The MP government will cover INR. 603 crore of the the total cost associated with the program. This is apart from what it is getting through ADB. The funds that will be received will go towards various aspects of the program, thus improving upon how well participants will receive support for making the program work in many ways.
Objectives of the scheme
- Train and develop the skills of the unemployed youth of Madhya Pradesh
- Help and support the poor sections of youth that would like to study further but lack the financial support within the state
- The scheme has been launched to make the youth of each state more productive and contributive towards the development of the nation.
After the scheme that was launched by our Honourable Prime Minister Narendra Modi, “Pradhanmantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana”. The Government of every state has shown initiative and have developed the scheme and taking fast action to make the scheme a success and provide better lifestyles to the poor sections of people within each state, so has the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shri. Shivraj Singh Chouhan, who looks forward to the betterment of the state.