In an effort to promote the cashless Digi payment options amongst people in India the government is now offering out rewards you can’t refuse. The prize money would be going up to INR. 1 crore. On a daily basis around 15,000 ordinary citizens receive a reward. The winner of the offer is decided on the basis of a lucky draw and as far as the terms go this probably the first time the government is using an initiative as such to promote the Lucky Grahak Initiative.
The entire Lucky Grahak Yojana is a large scale scheme that offers cash prizes involving thousands of people. The government spends INR. 340 crore on the digital payment lucky draw.
Table of Contents
- Rewards for the digital payment
- Lucky Winners of Each Category
- What is the eligibility criteria for the Lucky Grahak Yojana?
- What kind of payment method is not allowed under the scheme?
- Payment through MasterCard and visa debit card is not permitted under the scheme.
- What is the limit on the amount for the lucky draw?
- Who is eligible to participate in the scheme?
- How does the scheme work?
- What about security issues?
- How would you get to know the results?
- Participating through UPI?
Rewards for the digital payment
There are various types of prizes that are considered under the lucky grahak Yojana.
- Daily Prizes
- Weekly Prizes
- Mega prizes
Daily Prize for the lucky customer
- Daily 15,000 people would get the prize
- Every person would get Rs 1000.
- The Prize would be given for 100 days
Weekly prizes worth Rs 1 lakh, Rs 10,000 and Rs. 5000 for Consumers. Some details are awaited in this regard.
The draw was last conducted on the 14th of April, on the day of Ambedkar Jayanti.
- Three big prizes would be given
- First prize winner would get around INR. 1 crore
- The Second prize winner would receive INR. 50 lakhs
- The Third prize winner would get INR. 25 lakhs
Lucky Winners of Each Category
The lucky winner of this scheme is selected from each category of the transactions. On a daily basis, there are a fixed number of winners in each category.
|Mode of Transactions||Daily Winners|
What is the eligibility criteria for the Lucky Grahak Yojana?
The entire prize system is based on those customers who pay via the cashless mode/digital payment mode.
Note: This means that you must have or be using a cashless payment services application
The payment may be done from any of the following methods:
UPI (Unified Payment Interface)
The app is based on a mobile cashless application that has been integrated amongst many banks mobile payment apps such as
- SBI Pay
- PNB UPI
- Axis Pay
- Phone Pay and
- Standalone UPI apps
USSD *99# Banking
The mode of payment is for the citizens who may not or do not have a smartphone or access to internet services. To make complete use of the of this payment dial *99# from the feature phone you are using.
Adhaar Enabled Payment System
The payment method requires no use of mobile phones, internet connection or signature, the payment could be done through a micro ATM with the use of your Aadhaar and fingerprint. Merchants use the Aadhaar payment application to receive their money.
The Rupay Card
Debit or credit cards such as Visa or Mastercard could be used through a gateway to payments developed by the NPCI. Most Jandhan Account holders use this kind of payment method.
What kind of payment method is not allowed under the scheme?
Payment through MasterCard and visa debit card is not permitted under the scheme.
|Lucky Grahak Yojana eligibility of transaction|
|Digital Wallets||Paytm, Freecharge, Phonepe, Mobiquik||No|
|UPI Apps||SBI Pay, iMobile, pockets, chiller, PNB UPI,||Yes|
|UPI in Wallets||Phonepay, Freecharge||Yes|
|USSD||Available to all mobile banking customers||Yes|
|AEPS||Transaction Through Micro ATM||Yes|
|Rupay Card||Jan Dhan account holders have this card||Yes|
|Master, Visa, Maestro||All credit cards have this type of cards||No|
What is the limit on the amount for the lucky draw?
Designed to promote the use of digital payments amongst lower and poor class of people, has a limit for transactions. Anything more than INR. 3000 would not be eligible under the scheme. The minimum limit to be eligible is INR. 50 any and all transactions within the limit would be eligible for the lucky draw scheme.
Who is eligible to participate in the scheme?
All bank holders have been welcomed to participate in the scheme, the only thing that is required by you is to use the digital payment application.
- If you have the support of a smartphone and internet, do make use of the UPI. Being the easiest method of payment.
- Go shopping or pay your dealer using your Rupay Debit card.
- Feature phone users “Dial *99# for USSD banking.
- Those living in areas that are distant can use the AEPS at micro ATM or POS.
How does the scheme work?
The LGY works only through transactions passed by the NPCI platform that is a non-profit making organization that manages payment in India.
Transactions managed by NPCI
They make all transaction settlements in India.
- All transaction IDs are collected by the NPCI within a given time frame, these IDs are generated automatically as soon as a transaction has been completed successfully.
- Transactions are then further categorized on the basis of mode.
- Each category is then based on a lucky draw, this has been enabled by the development of a lucky draw application that automatically selects the winners from each category.
- Each lucky draw transaction is then sent to the bank of the holder, then the banks verify the account holders, this takes place within 24 hours.
- The banks later give back the bank account numbers of the winners to the NPCI.
- Then a sum of INR. 1000 is credited to the bank accounts on the basis of the NitiAayog funds.
- Once the announcement has been made, the winner is credited with the money within 48 hours of being selected.
What about security issues?
The NPCI has made it their motto to protect the audit of the draw to make sure that the technical integrity of the process is being maintained the right manner.
How would you get to know the results?
The draw is conducted every day at Digi Dhan Melas within the nation.
All you need to do is log on to the official website through your phone number, hence you would receive an OTP to verify your number ensuring that you could only check your result.
Participating through UPI?
- Create your Virtual payment address on a UPI enabled bank application
- Link up your bank account and set transaction pin
- Ask your shop owner to generate a Bharat QR Code by entering name and VPA
- Generate and print your QR code and VPA
- Now whenever you’re paying scan the QR and pay
- Now both of you are eligible to participate in the scheme.