The Karnataka State Government has recently launched a new scheme for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe students. So recently the laptop fortune scheme was started by the Karnataka government. The Karnataka Social Welfare Department has decided to provide free laptops for students. Free laptops which are offering professional courses to scheduled caste / scheduled students
At present, about 36,000 SC / ST students are doing professional courses. Therefore, these students will be given free laptops on behalf of the State Government under the Laptop Bhagya Yojana. 112 crore rupees are being spent on the government’s behalf for the laptop fortune scheme. Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe students who are doing degree, diploma and engineering will be given free laptops to all.
Table of Contents
Eligibility Criteria of Karnataka Laptop Fortune Scheme
- The Karnataka Social Welfare Department has decided the criteria for the students. The distribution of laptop fortune plans is for some classified students.
- Students should be from Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
- He should be a first-year student in the course.
- The student must have been admitted to any college in the state government.
- Students should be native of Andhra Pradesh.
Eligible courses under the scheme
- Post graduate courses
- Study in First Grade Colleges
- Polytechnic colleges
- Medical studies
Implementation of the Karnataka Laptop Fortune Scheme
Laptop delivery for students will start very soon. Laptop registration will start in 2017. The Chief Minister of Karnataka announced that good quality laptops will provide to the students. In Karnataka, the laptops will be launching this scheme at a cost of 32,000 to 35,000 second time. Therefore, in the beginning of the academic year 2017, will start within 15 days of distributing free laptops. Under the Plan Tribal and Sub-Plan, the laptop fortune scheme is an initiative with the special component. But students have to return the laptop after completion of the course.
Highlights of the laptop fortune scheme
- Name of scheme laptop fortune scheme
- Declaration declared by Karnataka State Government
- For whom Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe students
- Laptop costs 32000 Rs 35000
- The total budget for the scheme is Rs. 112 crores
- Ambedkar national level quiz and cash prize
Objectives / Laptop Fate Scheme Features:
- The Government has started this scheme in favour of Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe students. The aim of this laptop plan is to increase student’s growth in studies.
- The purpose of the Government of Karnataka is to connect students with technology.
- To help students study through technology.
- To increase enthusiasm among students in the study with world knowledge.
- To change the mind on current education technology and IT in the students.
- Its aim is to make education easy and easy.
- This fortune scheme was carried forward by the Karnataka Social Welfare Department in the year 2017 so that this scheme would definitely benefit the scheduled caste / scheduled tribe’s students. As a result, it is expected of students to have good quality laptops. Apart from this, it will prove beneficial for students. We hope that the Government of Karnataka will be successful in this initiative and lakhs of students will benefit from Laptop Bhagya Yojna.
How to apply for the Laptop Bhagya Scheme?
- Make sure you are eligible for the scheme
- Once confirmed download the application form from the link provided at the end of the article
- Take out a printout
- Fill in the application form carefully and attach a passport size photograph
- Attach all the required documents such as:
- Caste certificate
- 10th and 12th certificate and
- Income certificate along with the form.
The date of distribution would be conveyed to the eligible candidates followed by a laptop distribution ceremony that will be conducted where all the laptops will be distributed amongst the students.
To know more on the free laptop configuration
- Visit the official portal
- Look for the section that says “selected students under the laptop bhagya scheme
- Click on the link for more details
Reference and details
Download the application for here
This is what the form would look like:
Direct link to the student selection sight-http://www.dce.kar.nic.in/freelaptop.html
The following scheme is one of a kind in the state of Karnataka, launched to benefit the students from the poor class of people and help educate and spread knowledge of the digital world as well as bridge the gap between the rich and poor to allow them to feel equal to their friends as well as allowing them to expand their knowledge and explore their hidden inner talent that they possess.