The Karnataka state government has announced a new free laptop scheme for the college students in its financial budget for the year 2017-18. The students who have just passed their senior secondary examination and are getting admissions into colleges in a 2017-18 academic year would be eligible for free laptop scheme.
Table of Contents
Free Laptop Scheme for College Students
As per the Karnataka Government, the laptops would be distributed to the students getting admission in the year of 2017-18 to Engineering, Medical, Polytechnic and other first Grade Colleges. However, the students who will get admissions in the government colleges would only be entitled to get the free laptop under this scheme. The free laptop scheme would provide benefits to approximately 1.5 Lakh students.
The scheme will start from the next upcoming sessions and mainly the students studying in 1styear will be given these free laptops.
- The department of Higher Education has estimated a budget of Rs. 112 crores to give free laptops to all the students.
- The state government has also granted the permission to approve the budget and very soon the state government will invite the tenders from the different companies for giving these free laptops.
- These funds will be given by the state government to issue the free laptops.
- The State government also stated that they will give the laptops which will cost Rs. 32000 to Rs. 35000 to all the selected students.
- Students belonging to the SC/ST category can apply for these free Laptop For SC/ST Students In Karnataka (Laptop Bhagya) but they must be the students of 1st year in his / her respective field.
Aim of the Scheme
The state government has announced the scheme of free laptops for college students so that they can be more efficient, productive and digitally literate in their higher studies.
The main aim of this scheme is to help the students in their studies, this scheme will especially be beneficial to those who are not able to afford laptops because of their weak economic condition.
- Students should belong to Karnataka State
- Students pursuing in Government College
- Engineering, Medical, Polytechnic and First Grade College can apply for this scheme
- Private college students can not apply for this scheme.
How to Apply for the Scheme ?
The procedure if you want to apply for free laptop scheme but before applying you must make sure that you are eligible for the scheme.
- A candidate who wants to apply for this scheme will have to fill an application form.
- This application form for the Laptop bhagya scheme in Karnataka would be available offline or online, both ways but it is not yet clear because the scheme is just announced in the budget.
- Visit the online Website of Karnataka Government.
- Select the option for registration from the main menu.
- Fill the mandatory details in the application form.
- Upload the documents required and submit the application form with the required proofs.
- Visit your college or any other government body to get the application form.
- Fill all the details in the application form properly.
- Attach the mandatory documents, certificates and proofs required with the application form and submit it to the respective authority mentioned by the department.
|S.No||Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme 2017 Summary|
|I||Name of Department||State Government of Karnataka|
|II||Official Website||Karnataka Govt. Scheme|
|III||Name of Scheme||Free Laptop Scheme Karnataka|
|IV||Aim of Scheme||Provide free laptop to govt college students|
|VII||Category||Karnataka Govt. Scheme|
Will the student have to return the laptop after his/her education?