The state government of Telangana has finally launched the KCR Kit scheme which came into effect on 4th June 2017. The government has started online registration through its official portal kcrkit.telangana.gov.in. However, the interested pregnant women can get themselves registered by visiting their nearest Public Health Center.
Auxiliary Nurse Midwife, Medical Officer or Deputy District Medical & Health Officer would be able to process the online registration of the pregnant women under the KCR Kit scheme.
The KCR Kit scheme was announced by the state government in its 2017-18 budget for pregnant women and newborn baby. The state government under the scheme would provide a kit containing some essential items for pregnant women and newborn baby to manage the pregnancy complications. The scheme is designed to get pregnant women nutritious food and to take care of the newborn after delivery.
- Well being of mother and child and reducing the infant mortality rate.
- Encouraging institutional deliveries in the state.
KCR Kit scheme has been launched under which 16 essential items would be provided
- Soaps useful for mother and child
- Baby oil
- Baby bed
- Mosquito net
- Towel and Napkins
- Toys for kid
- The items provided in the Rs. 15,000 worth KCR Kit would be useful for the newborn for up to 3 months. ‘KCR Kits’ would be distributed to the pregnant woman from 4 June.
- The pregnant women are given Rs. 12,000 financial assistance in three phases.
- In case the pregnant women give birth to a baby girl Rs. 1000 is given additionally.
- The Kit will have clothes, quality baby soaps, Baby Oil, Baby Powder, Mosquito net, toys, napkins, Diapers etc., which will be sufficient for three months. This is an affectionate gift given by the government to mother and child.
- An additional Rs. 3,000 would be given to pregnant women if the baby happens to be a girl.
This scheme will increase the deliveries in the government hospitals. Also, it will reduce the infant mortality rate and female feticide.