The government of Andhra Pradesh launched a new health insurance scheme that would provide a universal coverage to all the citizens of the state.
The scheme was approved by at a meeting of the cabinet in Velagapudi Secretatriat and the scheme was approved. The was named as the Arogya Raksha scheme and was launched on the 1st of January, 2017.
Table of Contents
Highlights if the scheme
- New health insurance scheme to be availed by all citizens
- Beneficiaries can avail INR. 2 lakh per annum
- Covers all kinds of health and accident insurance
Key features of the scheme
- The scheme offers a health insurance of INR. 2 lakh per annum
- The beneficiaries will have to pay INR. 100 every month
- Provide health insurance scheme for all
- The registration process was conducted on the 1st of January to the 28th of Febuary.
Objectives of the scheme
- The main objective of the scheme is to cover those who are not covered under any healthcare policy in the state.
- The state government under the scheme aims to provide financial assistance to meet the medical expenses of the policy holder.
Benefits of the scheme
- The beneficiaries would have to pay a premium of INR. 1200 a year for a benefit of 2 lakhs insurance per annum.
- The scheme is affordable and can be availed by all.
- The premium amount would provide a health cover facility under the scheme.
Impletation of the scheme
- NTR Vaidya Seva Trust will collect this amount and implement the scheme.
- Arogya Raksha was earlier being implemented in the state (since K Rosaiah’s time) for vulnerable sections like children in a different format.
The scheme would help benefit all the citizens and help all avail this benefit, the scheme would benefit the common man and the government as well in the long run.