The government of Andhra Pradesh has made plans to focus on the health care of the people of the state. The people with less financial resources can also take full benefit of the health insurance scheme at INR. 100. The scheme has set the benchmark for other states as it one of the first schemes to be launched in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
Table of Contents
Highlights of the scheme
- The scheme was set to launch on the 1st of January 2017
- This was launched to bring awareness amongst the people about hospitals linked with the scheme
- Best of facilities will be provided under the scheme
- The premium amount was set to be collected within two months of the launch of the scheme
- The scheme is to launch as soon as the certification is done during the financial year.
Objectives of the scheme
- The new scheme would offer complete health coverage to the state residents. Under this scheme Government also plan to link with different health insurance companies so that people can take more health benefits.
- This new health scheme will be identical to other health insurance scheme and government announced that this new scheme will cover lot of more benefits to the people of the Andhra Pradesh
- Apart for this, the government would also set up free whole body check-up scheme at the government hospitals for the people of Andhra Pradesh.
Benefits under the scheme
- Considering the scheme is very reasonable it also provides health benefits
- The scheme would provide health insurance benefits
- The scheme would have more facilities added to it
- The scheme would cover diseases in the empaneled hospitals
- World Health Organization
- Bill Gates Foundation and other noted health organizations
The government is launching other scheme’s such as the:
- Swasta Vidya Vahini (to provide nutritious food to students in the state on the 24th of December)
- Family health insurance scheme
Implementation of the scheme
The government has allocated INR. 160.56 Crore for the start-up of the scheme and the budget will increase as the progress of the scheme goes on. The scheme would be completely funded by the government of the state.
The scheme is a wonderful practice of the health benefits that should be provided to the needy and deserving people of the state of Andhra Pradesh. The launch of this scheme may be the apex scheme availed by the people of the nation. This would bring an immense benefit to the government of the state as well.