The Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shri. Shivraj Singh Chouhan has launched the subsidised meal scheme for the poor with the opening of canteens that will provide a wholesome of food at INR.5 under the Deendayal Antyodaya Rasoi Yojana.
The scheme was named after the BJP ideologue Deendayal Upadhyaya, has been launched in 49 districts across the state of MP. The program was inaugurated at Gwalior on the 7th of April 2017.
Table of Contents
Highlights of the scheme
- Box: ‘Rs 5 Deendayal Thali’
- Four rotis, one sabzi, and dal for Rs 5
- Timing from 11 noon to 3 in the afternoon
- Food arrangement for nearly 2000 people at a time
- Roti to be made by modern machine
- Food grain arrangement from fair price shops
- Free water, power by municipal bodies
Steps taken for the success for the project?
- The yojana will be implemented in at least one place in every district.
- There would be more than one centre that would be setup in the bigger cities
- Cheap but good quality food will be provided under the scheme.
- The arrangement would be to cater for at least 2000 people every day.
- Food will be served from 11 am to 3 pm.
- The scheme would be monitored by the district level coordination and monitoring committee.
What will be provided under the scheme?
Anyone can have a wholesome meal at just INR. 5/-. The meal would include:
• Four chappatis
• Vegetable curries and
What will be provided to the centre?
- The funds to setup the centres would be made available under the Chief Minister’s Urban Infrastructure Scheme.
- Wheat and rice would be made available at the Canteens at a price of INR. One through a fair price shop.
- The local municipality would be providing free electricity and water free-of-cost.
Who is eligible for the scheme?
- The scheme has been specially designated to support the people who are economically challenged within the society.
The launch of the Deendayal Antyodaya Rasoi Yojana in MP is amongst the most ambitious launches around the nation. The yojana has now become the peoples favourite with the offering of food at just INR. 5/-. The recent launches have benefited the poor by a great deal and have drawn a lot of good attention towards the current Chief Minister Shri. Shivraj Singh Chouhan.