Beti Hai Anmol:- Girls child is future of every nation and India is no exception. The sharp decline in the sex ratio of Himachal Pradesh is a matter of grave concern as it is expected to lead to serious demographic imbalances and social consequences. The sex ratio in Himachal Pradesh is 974 for every 1000 males and has increased from 970 per 1000 males since the last census of 2011. If we go through the district wise sex ratio in Himachal Pradesh, sex ratio map of Hamirpur district is at the top in sex ratio with 1096 and lowest in Kinnaur district with 818.
Every girl on this planet is in danger, not only from their parents to get murdered before taking birth but from the devils of the society in the form of schoolmates, school teachers or strangers who can assault them, harras them or kill them. This is the major reason the State Government of Himachal Pradesh launched different type of government scheme in the welfare of women and girls child of Himachal Pradesh.
Beti Hai Anmol Yojana is one of the successful schemes of Himachal Pradesh under which the government provides the scholarship to the girls of the BPL families. Under this scheme, the Himachal Pradesh government deposits Rs. 10,000 in a post office on the birth of a girl in a BPL family with her name. The girl can withdraw this amount when she attains the age of 18 years. Not only this, Rs. 5,000 scholarship for graduation and up to Rs. 1500 scholarship for school education is covered under the BHAY scheme.
Table of Contents
- Objective of Beti Hai Anmol Yojana
- Benefits of Beti Hai Anmol Yojana
- Eligibility and conditions applying for Beti Hai Anmol Yojana
- Required Documents for Beti Hai Anmol Yojana
- Scholarship Pattern of Beti Hai Anmol Yojana
- How to Apply for Beti Hai Anmol Yojana
- Contact Details
- Some Important Links
- Beti Hai Anmol Yojana PDF
Objective of Beti Hai Anmol Yojana
- The main objective of Beti Hai Anmol Yojana is to save girl child and uproot female foeticide from Himachal Pradesh.
- To encourage women empowerment.
- To assure them a bright future ahead.
- To change the negative attitude of the society towards the girl child.
- To provide financial assistance to poor girls so that they can complete higher secondary education.
- To prevent early marriage or child marriage.
Benefits of Beti Hai Anmol Yojana
- Under this scheme, one-time grant of Rs. 10,000 is provided to the parents by the State Government of Himachal Pradesh on the birth of a Girl Child.
- Scholarship of Rs. 300 to Rs.1200 will be provided from first to 12th Class and Rs. 5,000 to meet graduation level expenses by Himachal Government.
- Beti Hai Anmol Yojana is valid for only two girls in one family.
- This scheme will help in declining female foeticide and girls get a chance to complete their secondary education without financial constraints.
Eligibility and conditions applying for Beti Hai Anmol Yojana
- Parents of the girl child must be residents of Himachal Pradesh.
- Parents must be from BPL category at the time of giving birth to a girl child.
- The newborn baby must be a girl child.
Required Documents for Beti Hai Anmol Yojana
- Date of Birth Certificate
- BPL Card
- Income Certificate
- Residential Proof
- Aadhar Card
- Educational details
- Passport size photograph
- Bank passbook
Scholarship Pattern of Beti Hai Anmol Yojana
- 1st to 3rd standard: Girl child will get Rs. 300 scholarship
- 4th standard: Girl child will get Rs. 500 scholarship
- 5th standard: Girl child will get Rs. 600 scholarship
- 6th and 7th standard: Girl child will get Rs. 700 scholarship
- 8th standard: Girl child will get Rs. 800 scholarship
- 9th and 10th standard: Girl child will get Rs. 1000 scholarship
- 11th and 12th standard: Girl child will get Rs. 1500 scholarship
How to Apply for Beti Hai Anmol Yojana
- An applicant can contact the nearest Child Development department in the Himachal Pradesh.
- Parents of the girl child can fill the application form online at the official website of E District Himachal Pradesh which is mentioned below.
- Before filling the application form the aspirants have to make their registration.
- Fill the form with necessary details and click on the register at the last of the page.
- Parents of the girl child can contact to nearest Child Development Project Officer in the Himachal Pradesh.
- Concerned Anganwadi worker or Supervisor.
- District programme officer.
Some Important Links
- Official Website:- http://edistrict.hp.gov.in/
- Application form:- http://himachalforms.nic.in/pdfs/Women-Child-Dev/BetiHaiAnmolYojna.pdf
Beti Hai Anmol Yojana PDF
In a developing country like India, women cannot feel secure. Crime against women is increasing day by day. Girls are killed in wombs before they step out. Discriminatory practices like dowry, woman infanticide, early marriage and girl genital mutilation are increasing like they are legal in this country. To stop all these illegal practices the Government of India came forward and launched some schemes to save the girl child. Beti Hai Anmol Yojana is one of the best schemes ever launched by Government of Himachal Pradesh.