Atal Jyoti Yojana (AJAY) – India’s responsibility regarding sustainable power source, particularly sun oriented, has accomplished worldwide acknowledgment. EESL has been endowed to execute this way softening activity up a mission mode by March 31, 2018. We will enlighten provincial, semi-urban, and urban territories that face under half matrix network in Uttar Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, and Odisha with sun based LED road lights. These sun oriented lights will be introduced on real streets, markets, and open accommodations in remote regions to reasonably improve the subjects’ personal satisfaction.
The provincial, semi-urban and urban zones that face under half network availability in Uttar Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, and Odisha will be lit up with sun-powered LED road lights. These sun-powered lights will be introduced on real streets, markets, and open comforts in remote zones to economically upgrade the residents’ personal satisfaction. The aggregate cost of the plan is Rs 499.30 crore. Extraordinary consideration is being given to the advancement of the eight States in the North Eastern Region of the nation through a different spending portion under different sustainable power source programs. As needs are, the Ministry has apportioned 10 for every penny of the budgetary help for the arrangement of biogas plants, sun-oriented warm frameworks, sun-oriented photovoltaic frameworks, remote town charge, little hydro ventures, wind vitality frameworks and vitality parks. Against the assignment of Rs.413.00 crore from Gross Budgetary Support towards NE Region at RE organize, a measure of Rs.71.30 crore was discharged amid the year up to 31.12.2016.
The National Biogas and Manure Management Program (NBMMP) is being actualized in the North Eastern Region States through State Government Nodal Departments/State Nodal Agencies. The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC), Mumbai was additionally given separate focuses for actualizing the program in the States of Assam, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura, and Sikkim. The State-wise families compose biogas plants introduced in the NE Region amid the year is given in Table: 13.1. A Biogas Development and Training Center for all the NER States for giving preparing and specialized help under the NBMM Program is working at Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, Assam.
Table of Contents
Objectives of Atal Jyoti Yojana (AJAY)
- EESL is the actualizing office for the Atal Jyoti Yojana (AJAY), a sub-conspire under the off-network and decentralized sun-powered application program of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE).
- AJAY tries to introduce sunlight based road lights in Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha and Uttar Pradesh where family unit network availability is fewer than 50 for each penny according to the 2011 evaluation.
- The aggregate cost of the plan is Rs 4.99 billion and it is required to be finished by end-March 2018.
- Other than AJAY, EESL is likewise actualizing the MNRE’s Solar Study Lamp Scheme for School Going Child conspire in these five states in the organization with the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay.
- The plan involves circulation of 7 million suns oriented examination lights to school going kids by December 2018.
- While EESL is in charge of offering and acquirement of the material, IIT Bombay is the general executing body for the program.
- As per S.P. Garnaik, boss general director (specialized), EESL, the plan chips away at a co-financing model, where out of the aggregate cost of a sun-based light of around Rs 600, Rs 500 is paid by the administration while Rs 100 is paid by the recipient.
- Further, under the sun oriented rural request side administration program, EESL is giving sun based vitality based mini grid answers for ranchers to control their horticultural pump sets, which generally draw control through the principle power lattice or diesel generators.
- The program is required to enable ranchers to get extensive income on a month to month premise by pitching the overabundance energy to the lattice for a time of 25 years. In the meantime, the organization has additionally gotten demands for introducing sun-powered housetop frameworks on structures and is at this moment breaking down the attainability of the same.
Benefits of Atal Jyoti Yojana (AJAY)
In July 2017, EESL issued a delicate for the acquirement of 5 million shrewd meters for the usage of keen matrix extends in Haryana and Uttar Pradesh. Establishment of these shrewd meters alongside their related correspondence and IT foundation will empower discoms in these states to acquire continuous vitality utilization information of every buyer for ensuing examination and attempt different activities, for example, time-of-day/time-of-utilization charging, expectation and administration of pinnacle request, giving constant vitality utilization information to buyers, prepaid charging office, and remote association and detachment of load. EESL will make the whole forthright venture towards the establishment of these keen meters and in addition, keep up the entire framework for the following 10 years. It hopes to recoup its venture from the reserve funds gathering to discoms in consequent years.
Atal Jyoti Yojana (AJAY) – PDF
Atal Jyoti Yojana (AJAY) – Current Status
Service of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has propelled the “Atal Jyoti Yojna” under which Solar Street Lights are to be introduced in zones with lacking force supply in Uttar Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, and Odisha. “Atal Jyoti Yojana” (AJAY) is being actualized to satisfy Government’s vow to give expected vitality to satisfaction of fundamental needs of individuals of India. Under this program, the MNRE will introduce Solar LED Street Lights in rustic, semi-urban and urban zones which abhor satisfactory scope of energy. The establishment of Solar LED Street Lights will guarantee sufficient light in real streets, markets, open comforts and so on in remote zones and would enable the residents of our nation to lead a sheltered and secure life.